The simFlight Network Forums

FS commands via keys/buttons

Hi,

Can I have a FS commands list that can be assigned to any joystick button or key ?

I couldn't find in the docs all available FS commands in FSUIPC. I know I can scroll the list inside FSUIPC, but it is a small box and I'd like to have a list to decide what I'll be using in my cockpit and write down the assignments.

Thanks,

ulisses

Can I have a FS commands list that can be assigned to any joystick button or key ? I couldn't find in the docs all available FS commands in FSUIPC. I know I can scroll the list inside FSUIPC, but it is a small box and I'd like to have a list to decide what I'll be using in my cockpit and write down the assignments.

Except for the additions FSUIPC makes, which are listed in the Advanced User's Guide, the drop-down list in FSUIPC is obtained directly from CONTROLS.DLL. For FS98, FS2000 and FS2002 I did extract this and print the list (see the Controls list documents on http://www.schiratti.com/dowson). Mostly those will still apply, but there are extras in FS2004.

I will get around to extracting the list again, but after I've done the SDK, which I'm working on now. Meanwhile, if you have any editor which will show you the text strings in a DLL, you can get all the names from CONTROLS.DLL.

Mostly, however, you should be able to use the existing lists for past FS versions. Do not expect them all to work, though. You have to try them and see what they do.

Regards,

Pete

• 3 weeks later...