The simFlight Network Forums

Ground type

gdscei

I've read through the docs, and I see there is a ground type offset - but it's not exactly what I need.

Is there a way to specifically check if a plane is on a taxiway or if he is on a runway?

Not without comparing the aircraft's location against a database of runways, such as that produced by my MakeRunways utility.

BTW you posted in a subforum which is specifically concerned with support for Paul Henty's .Net client DLL programming.  General support questions should be directed to the main support forum, please.

Pete

Not without comparing the aircraft's location against a database of runways, such as that produced by my MakeRunways utility.

BTW you posted in a subforum which is specifically concerned with support for Paul Henty's .Net client DLL programming.  General support questions should be directed to the main support forum, please.

Pete

Thanks for the information! I would like to run the MakeRunways utility, problem for me is personally: I am working on ACARS software for a VA, and so this is a distributed program... So I would have to ask my users to run the utility before they run the ACARS software.

You could give your users a button or menu options for 'Rebuild Scenery Data" or something. Then run Makerwys.exe from inside your application. This is what commercial programs like Radar Contact do.

I assume you are using .net since you are posting here, so you can use the System.Diagnostics.Process class to start the Makerwys.exe and wait for it to finish. You'll need the path to the Flight Sim install folder which you can either ask the user for, or get from the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\<version no>

It's more complicated if your users use your application over wideFS. Then you'll need to get them to run your ACARS on the flight sim PC first to do the scenery data rebuild, or resort to getting them to manually run the Makerwys.exe.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

You could give your users a button or menu options for 'Rebuild Scenery Data" or something. Then run Makerwys.exe from inside your application. This is what commercial programs like Radar Contact do.

I assume you are using .net since you are posting here, so you can use the System.Diagnostics.Process class to start the Makerwys.exe and wait for it to finish. You'll need the path to the Flight Sim install folder which you can either ask the user for, or get from the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\<version no>

It's more complicated if your users use your application over wideFS. Then you'll need to get them to run your ACARS on the flight sim PC first to do the scenery data rebuild, or resort to getting them to manually run the Makerwys.exe.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the information! I will look into it further.

Edit: also, it seems like Makerwys is not supplied with FSUIPC (at least, not when I installed it). Is this correct, and if so, am I allowed to package it with my application?

Edited by gdscei