The simFlight Network Forums

Registration.

Bonjour Pete,

I have two questions:

1 To make some tests with DX10, I created a specific profile with NVI, So I  made a copy of FSX.exe and renamed it as FSX_DX10.exe.

Everything works except that with this run FSUIPC is not registered. With FSX.exe it is OK.

Is there something I can do to have FSUIPC registered  for both exe.

2 I Cannot find a sim variables which represents the "Road vehicles traffic density" .

This functionality coast a lot in terms of resources, and I think it would be interesting to lower it in certain conditions.
I noticed that it is possible to change it during the flight without reloading the traffic. (via the setting panel)

Do you think that it would be possible to implement an access to this variable in a future version of FSPUIC.

Best regards

Claude

1 To make some tests with DX10, I created a specific profile with NVI, So I  made a copy of FSX.exe and renamed it as FSX_DX10.exe.

Everything works except that with this run FSUIPC is not registered. With FSX.exe it is OK.

Is there something I can do to have FSUIPC registered  for both exe.

If you rename FSX you need to also rename the files associated with FSUIPC. This is to allow different settings to apply to different loads of FS just by changing the name. Please check the FS Modules folder -- you will see a differently named FSUIPC4 INI file, which will have defaulted, and a LOG file. Just make a copy of the KEY file renamed the same way.

This is described in the section "Multiple INI files" in the Advanced Users guide.

2 I Cannot find a sim variables which represents the "Road vehicles traffic density" .

This functionality coast a lot in terms of resources, and I think it would be interesting to lower it in certain conditions.

I noticed that it is possible to change it during the flight without reloading the traffic. (via the setting panel)

Do you think that it would be possible to implement an access to this variable in a future version of FSPUIC.

It' isn't something available through the SimConnect interface, and it isn't anywhere near the AI traffic density variables. I think it is deep somewhere in the scenery DLLs, but I've no idea where. If someone has the patience and knowledge of these areas and wants to find where it can be adjusted, I would certainly add it, but i'm well past my hacking days I'm afraid. Sorry.

Pete