The simFlight Network Forums

LUAs that don't appear in FSUIPC

I haved downloaded recently the NpC (Numpad Control) application that has 12 LUAs. Its instalation appears very easy. Unzip a file putting its content in the folder "Modules" near the files of FSUIPC. Then, start FSX going to FSUIPC and entering a letter in order to activate de LUA number... that should appear on the displayed window.  But... none LUA appears in the list. I have read different comments in this forum and I must to say: my copy of FSUIPC is registered; I don't have nor FSUIPC.INI (my FSUIPC works perfectly) nor  I have filename.lua nor mapmad.lua. None of these file were in the zip file. What can I do? Many thanks.

I haved downloaded recently the NpC (Numpad Control) application that has 12 LUAs. Its instalation appears very easy. Unzip a file putting its content in the folder "Modules" near the files of FSUIPC. Then, start FSX going to FSUIPC and entering a letter in order to activate de LUA number... that should appear on the displayed window.  But... none LUA appears in the list. I have read different comments in this forum and I must to say: my copy of FSUIPC is registered; I don't have nor FSUIPC.INI (my FSUIPC works perfectly) nor  I have filename.lua nor mapmad.lua. None of these file were in the zip file. What can I do? Many thanks.

Sorry, I don't understand what you are doing when you say "entering a letter in order to activate de LUA number". Can you explain what you are doing in more details, like which option Tab, where does this "Letter" come in, and so on?

Pete

Thanks. After having downloaded the program (NpC, Numberpad Control) and put its different LUAs (about 10) in the folder FSX... Modules, near the files of FSUIPC, as is advised in the instructions, I start FSX, go to FSUIPC (on the upper line) , open it and go to KeyPresses in order to enter a key that sould start the program. But in the list of "Control sent when the key is pressed" don't appear none of the LUAs stored in the folder. A registered version of FSUIPC is necessary in order to a proper function of the program NpC, so is mine, but no LUA appears on the list. Can be a solution for this matter? Thank you and excuse my bad English.I live in Castilla - La Mancha (Spain) where Don Quijote was written, but not Richard III, nor even Macbeth, ha. Thanks, again.

Thanks. After having downloaded the program (NpC, Numberpad Control) and put its different LUAs (about 10) in the folder FSX... Modules, near the files of FSUIPC, as is advised in the instructions, I start FSX, go to FSUIPC (on the upper line) , open it and go to KeyPresses in order to enter a key that sould start the program. But in the list of "Control sent when the key is pressed" don't appear none of the LUAs stored in the folder. A registered version of FSUIPC is necessary in order to a proper function of the program NpC, so is mine, but no LUA appears on the list. 

The list is only selectable AFTER you have selected a key for assignment. They will be listed as Lua <name> where <name> is the Lua file name. Only the first 127 Lua files in the Modules folder can be handled.

Please do make sure you placed the files in the correct FSX\Modules folder. There will also be the files FSUIPC4.DLL, FSUIPC4.KEY, FSUIPC4.INI and FSUIPC4.LOG, as well as a subfolder, FSUIPC Documents containing the documentation and Lua examples.

If you still have a problem, please show me the LOG and INI files. You can paste their contents in a message here -- enclose them with the <> button above the edit area.

Pete

Thanks for your answer. In the folder Modules I have just appart from the files of Numpad Control a subfolder FSUIPC  Documents with the content you have mentioned. I haven't the others files: FSUIPC4.DLL, FSUIPC4.KEY, FSUIPC4.INI nor FSUIPC4.LOG nor here nor in any place in the computer. I bought FSUIPC in 08/29/2013  and have the invoice in front of me, No. 1038593. I have reinstalled FSUIPC4 recently entering the twelve letters - keys and have got the "OK Thanks for registering". What can I do? I am very happy with FSUIPC4, just have encountered this problem. Thanks.

More about it. I have found a folder with "Installing FSUIPC4" also FSUIPC4.DLL and other two files zipped. I unzipped all, then  I have copied the...DLL to the folder of Modules. Then I have tried to execute this "Installing FSUIPC4". After several lines indicating very quickly "It's not here..-" It's not there" a screen appears saying: "Although FSUIPC4 is installed, your registry is pointing to the wrong place for this Unknown installation. Now we know where it should be put, this problem can be corrected quite easily. Would you like this done for you now? Yes, No". I answer "YES". Then appears: "Problem:  cannot place FSUIPC4.DLL into the FS module folder. The error reported by Windows is: The system cannot find the specified route".

And it is all. Thanks.

My name really isn't Baldomero, but Alberto Moreno Gil.

Thanks for your answer. In the folder Modules I have just appart from the files of Numpad Control a subfolder FSUIPC  Documents with the content you have mentioned.

I haven't the others files: FSUIPC4.DLL, FSUIPC4.KEY, FSUIPC4.INI nor FSUIPC4.LOG nor here nor in any place in the computer.

But earlier you said that you had put the Lua files "near the files of FSUIPC". If there are none of the files of FSUIPC there, why did you say that?

Are you sure your confusion is not simply because you have Windows Explorer hiding the types, DLL, LOG, INI and KEY from you? If so please do change the Windows folder options to show them, as instructed in FSUIPC documentation.

I have reinstalled FSUIPC4 recently entering the twelve letters - keys and have got the "OK Thanks for registering". What can I do? I am very happy with FSUIPC4, just have encountered this problem

If the FSUIPC Documents folder is there, and you are "happy with FSUIPC4", then it obviously MUST be there -- it is just that you are not seeing it for what it is!!!

More about it. I have found a folder with "Installing FSUIPC4" also FSUIPC4.DLL and other two files zipped. I unzipped all, then  I have copied the...DLL to the folder of Modules.

Er, this must be a folder you have created, or the folder where you downloaded FSUIPC! FSUIPC NEVER creates any folder for installation -- the Install FSUIPC program is the one you must have already run, as you said you entered the Registration key AND that you were "happy with FSUIPC4". So, sorry, what you now say is not making any proper sense whatsoever, and I am concerned that you are going off half-cocked and making a real mess of things!  :-(

I must ignore the rest of your report as it makes no sense. If you have ever used FSUIPC4 at all, and as you say you are "happy" with it I must assume you have, then there will be those files I mentioned AND the "Install FSUIPC4.LOG" file too. The fact that there's an FSUIPC Documents folder also means that the Installer was run okay beforehand. Please stop messing about as you will make things worse not better.

There's really nothing to go wrong with FSUIPC4 installation unless you start messing with file positions and Registry entries. Please just do as I advise.

Pete

The route where I have it all is as follows: C:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\....Modules\FSUIPC4 Documents

FSUIPC Documents is there the documents are, not the files I mentioned. The Lua files must NOT go there, only in the Modules folder!!!!!

i.e. C:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\....Modules

Why are you putting everything in the documentation folder? That is where the documentation is!!

Pete

1) FUIPC4 works fine save for this matter of the LUAs.

2) Having made visible every file and folder,  none of the mentioned files FSUIPC4 .INI, ....KEY etc  appears.

If there's no FSUIPC4.INI nor KEY file then either you are looking in the wrong place, or FSUIPC has never been registered nor run. It ALWAYS creates an INI file, and the KEY file is created when you register.

There is no way "FSUIPC works fine" if it isn't even running. If it IS running there is most certainly an INI, a LOG and a KEY file, amongst others. You are looking in the wrong place for certain! This is why you do not see the LUA files, because you have put them in the wrong place!!

Try running Explorer "as administrator" (right-click, select "run as ..."). Maybe you have limited rights and you are looking an an alias to the Modules folder not the real one. Windows 7 and 8 play silly tricks like that if you have UAC enabled.

3) I give up. Bye.

Please yourself. But only you can work out what you are doing wrong, I can't see your PC from here.

Pete

Just two words. The LUAs files are present and seen in the folder Modules near FSUIPC Documents . Where they aren't present is on the list of options of FSUIPC.  But let's go the thing. It's only an amusement. Bye. 

But that cannot be the correct Modules folder, because it does not include FSUIPC4.LOG or FSUIPC4.INI. Those MUST be present, else FSUIPC has not been run. Your whole problem is looking in the wrong place or with the wrong privileges as I already stated. You are being rather blind and obstinate. There is ABSOLUTELY no possibility of those files I mention being missing if you are looking in the right place with the right privileges.

If you persist in this strange and daft attitude there's no point in me trying to help you any more.

Pete