The simFlight Network Forums

Trackir 5 and FSUIPC4 4.937

Hi Pete,

This is for info only as I have already corrected the problem. First time in years of using FSUIPC4 that I have had any problem.

Installed FSUIPC4 4.937 without any problem (registered version). Next ran FSX w/acceleration and Trackir 5. After loading the aircraft, Trackir 5 began to lose connection with the yellow light on the left side of the IR camera flashing on and off with 5 to 15 sec. between this occurring. FSX remained active during this happening, but the picture changed to different random views while the yellow light was off and returning to correct view during the time the light was back on.

I removed FSUIPC4 4.937dll and installed 4.934. Everything worked as it should using the same flight and aircraft.

Regards,

Russ

Hi Pete,

This is for info only as I have already corrected the problem. First time in years of using FSUIPC4 that I have had any problem.

Installed FSUIPC4 4.937 without any problem (registered version). Next ran FSX w/acceleration and Trackir 5. After loading the aircraft, Trackir 5 began to lose connection with the yellow light on the left side of the IR camera flashing on and off with 5 to 15 sec. between this occurring. FSX remained active during this happening, but the picture changed to different random views while the yellow light was off and returning to correct view during the time the light was back on.

I removed FSUIPC4 4.937dll and installed 4.934. Everything worked as it should using the same flight and aircraft.

There's something else wrong then because TrackIR doesn't use FSUIPC and there's nothing significant changed in the running actions of FSUIPC between 4,934 and 4.937 other that the changing memory locations accessed for P3D. Without more information other than this unhelpful posting I can't really assist, but mostly this sort of thing indicates problems which exist in any case and which are just coming to light by slightly different memory arrangements as versions change a little in size and timing.

Please don't ask for any support whilst using an older version, as I'll simply have to ask you to use the current one, whatever it may be at the time.

Pete

If the left light was flashing on and off on the TrackIR that means it cannot see the tracking dots on your hat clip or the IR LEDs if you are using the track clip pro, the most usual cause of this is because you are in a brightly sun lit room and the IR radiation from the sun is interfering with TrackIR, you can turn up the filtering in the software to stop this to some degree.