The simFlight Network Forums

737 fuel management in FS

Hello guys,

Flying the 737, is there a way to select the fuel tank to be used and transfer fuel from one tank to another (left, center and right) ?

What TOGGLE_ELECT_FUEL_PUMP1 does ?? Is it a fake in FS ?

How about ANTI_ICE_SET_ENG1 ??? Fake ???

I'm not sure what works in FS...

Thanks,

Flying the 737, is there a way to select the fuel tank to be used and transfer fuel from one tank to another (left, center and right) ?

There are tank selectors, though not actually connected up in the default cockpit. Some of the add-ons are better in this respect. The crossfeed switch at the top in the default 737 acts in both capacities I think. Try it and see.

What TOGGLE_ELECT_FUEL_PUMP1 does ?? Is it a fake in FS ?

No, some aircraft (mostly GA aircraft) do have switchable electrical fuel pumps. These are often needed in low-wing aircraft, and aerobatic aircraft where gravity feed cannot be relied upon. If you have a fuel pressure gauge it would show an increase in fuel pressure when you switch the pump on.

None of this applies to the default 737 though. I don't think you can switch the pumps off -- try it though, if you are curious!

How about ANTI_ICE_SET_ENG1 ??? Fake ???

No. If you go thorugh severe icing in clouds you may well find your performance falls, and (in FS2004) even your ASI may fail (despite pitot heat -- this is maybe not so realistic). In such cases Anti-Ice is the solution. The "De-Ice" switch in the cockpit operates all the separate anti-ice switches for you.

I'm not sure what works in FS...

Try it and see?

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the answers. I use project magenta and no panel in FS, these offsets work even without a panel ?

I'd like to control the fuel feed and tank in use, is there a way to transfer fuel from center to left or right tank ? Or do I need a panel ?

Ulisses

Thanks for the answers. I use project magenta and no panel in FS, these offsets work even without a panel ?

I'd like to control the fuel feed and tank in use, is there a way to transfer fuel from center to left or right tank ? Or do I need a panel ?

The switch on the panel and the controls/offsets do the same thing. As to what that is I am not sure, you have to experiment. Try the panel switch anyway, see what it does. You can set the same things by control or by offset -- you can see the switch change to match. Whether it does what you want I have no idea. Sorry.

Pete