The simFlight Network Forums

Using FSUIPC to fire the gun in CFS1 and/or CFS2

I posted the following in the wrong forum and saw no way to move it or ask a moderator to move it to this forum.  My apologies if I'm violating the rules of engagement by reposting it here.

I recently discovered FSUIPC (v3.99).  Great product! Thanks Pete.

I've played around with toggling the landing gear in CFS1 using the offset and values, and it worked as advertised.  I would like to be able to fire thegun in the same manner (by writing values to an address).  Is this possible with either the unregistered or registered version of the software?

Thanks.

Edited by Seb99

I've played around with toggling the landing gear in CFS1 using the offset and values, and it worked as advertised.  I would like to be able to fire thegun in the same manner (by writing values to an address).  Is this possible with either the unregistered or registered version of the software?

Is there an assignable control for firing a gun? There's no specific offset for sure, but you can send controls via an offset.

Pete

Thanks for the reply Pete.  Do I need the registered version for that? I apologize for my lack of FSUIPC knowledge but could you elaborate on how I can send controls via an offset when there is no specific offset? What I'd like to be able to do is write a piece of software that calculates some parameters like range and closure rate, and decides when to fire the gun (strictly by software and without manual intervention).

Thanks for the reply Pete.  Do I need the registered version for that? I apologize for my lack of FSUIPC knowledge but could you elaborate on how I can send controls via an offset when there is no specific offset? What I'd like to be able to do is write a piece of software that calculates some parameters like range and closure rate, and decides when to fire the gun (strictly by software and without manual intervention).

The specific offset is in the list. 3110 I think. I don't have it nearby at present.

Pete