The simFlight Network Forums

Can't get throttles to idle

I have newest registered version of FSUIPC (just bought newest version last week) .  I have PFC Yoke, ThrottleTek Throttles and Saitek rudder pedals.  For 3 years all was OK,  then all of a sudden all controllers went wacky.

After long hours getting most things back to order - I have 1 serious issue.

I have Throttletek throttles with reverse levers.

It appears that now idle is actually 2" of the full 5 inches motion in the throttles.  Any action down from the 2" point sends the engines into reverse.  I need to move the throttles back to almost the 2" position to get it back to idle.

I also have a PFC throttles (old but still good).  I tried them out and they work fine and don't have this problem. 

The key is to get the throttles to idle at zero position. 

They are calibrated and show -16,200 to + 16,200 for the full range of motion.  The throttle axis are not selected in FSX.  I went through calibration and set up dozens of times.  I am missing something.

How do I get engines to idle at throttle's idle position and not at the 1/2 way position?

It appears that now idle is actually 2" of the full 5 inches motion in the throttles.  Any action down from the 2" point sends the engines into reverse.  I need to move the throttles back to almost the 2" position to get it back to idle.

They are calibrated and show -16,200 to + 16,200 for the full range of motion.  The throttle axis are not selected in FSX.  I went through calibration and set up dozens of times.  I am missing something.

How do I get engines to idle at throttle's idle position and not at the 1/2 way position?

If you want to use the whole throttle lever range  for forward thrust only, you simply need to select the "No Reverse Zone" option in the calibration tab, BEFORE calibrating. Alternatively you can calibrate with the central Idle zone in any position you like along the throttle lever movement. That's the whole point of FSUIPC's calibration facilities -- to let YOU control what you want these attachments to do! It sounds to me as if you've not actually yet gone through the process of calibration, else I'm sure you would have discovered these things. There are numbered steps in the User Guide. ;-)

Pete

OK I got it to work.  I have the Throttletek throttles with reversers.  The instructions by Throttletek was:

1.  Do not set up throttle axis in FSX. 

2.  Calibrate throttles in Windows Control Panel - not FSUIPC

This did not work.

I took your advice and it now works fine.  The key was to chose separate throttles per engine (3 of 11)and work from there. 

I don't know why manufacturer (who knew was problem was) and knew I had latest FSUIPC installed led me in the other direction.  I still don't know after 2 years of flying with this throttle - all the assignments went crazy all of a sudden.  Mow at least I know how to fix them.

Thanks