The simFlight Network Forums

Strange Lighting issue...

OK, I know this isn't the support forums for A2A however I've found a very strange bug that it seems only FSUIPC can fix.

I've already posted on the A2A forums about this, I just thought I'd post here as well.

I'm getting an issue in FSX with my A2A C172 Trainer where the beacon and strobe lights won't work.  Even the nav lights and landing lights are really dim.  HOWEVER  when I load up the FSUIPC "last flight" save everything works perfectly!  When I load up a manual save, like a save I make myself, the lights still don't work. 

Really really strange issue... Pete, oh god of fsx, any thoughts?  I know you probably don't support A2A stuff, but can you think of anything specific? 

I'm getting an issue in FSX with my A2A C172 Trainer where the beacon and strobe lights won't work.  Even the nav lights and landing lights are really dim.  HOWEVER  when I load up the FSUIPC "last flight" save everything works perfectly!  When I load up a manual save, like a save I make myself, the lights still don't work. 

Really really strange issue... Pete, oh god of fsx, any thoughts?  I know you probably don't support A2A stuff, but can you think of anything specific? 

There's absolutely no difference between you manually loading a flight and FSUIPC doing it. they both just call the same routine in FS. The same goes for saving a flight. Certainly there's nothing withing the flight data saved which is understood by or changed by FSUIPC. It merely supplies the filename.

What is more likely is that the A2A aircraft is also saving and loading its own files when it gets notified (by SimConnect probably) that a file is being saved or loaded. Maybe, sometimes, it doesn't see this and therefore doesn't write or read its own data? That's the only area I think possible for such a discrepancy, but you'd certainly need A2A to look into that. 

Pete

Thanks for the response.  A2A mentioned it was my steam version of FSX, I set the effects to Medium and all my aircraft lights came on.  Still strange that they worked when loading the fsuipc save.  Regardless thanks for your time!

That's one of the things being covered by the upcoming patch for FSX:SE, according to DTG. It's to do with the "effects" slider setting, apparently.

If you check the front page of simFlight.com, I posted the list of updates included in the patch yesterday evening.

Cheers,

Ian P.