The simFlight Network Forums

P3D1.4 registration never creates fsuipc4.key

Hi Sir, I registered for full verison on sim market, got the installation done correctly (so it appeared) but when running p3d, the version is still unregistered even after muliple installations.... no key file either in the modules folder.... when i install, and enter my name, email and reg code (from ctrl-v) then hit register now, the little window just vanishes..... something else is supposed to happen right?

Hi Sir, I registered for full verison on sim market, got the installation done correctly (so it appeared) but when running p3d, the version is still unregistered even after muliple installations.... no key file either in the modules folder.... when i install, and enter my name, email and reg code (from ctrl-v) then hit register now, the little window just vanishes..... something else is supposed to happen right?

Are you REALLY wanting to use such an old and unsupported version of P3D? You do know the current version is 2.4 don't you? Are you also using a very old version of FSUIPC4? The currently supported version is 4.938c.

In order to diagnose installation problems I need to see your FSUIPC4 Install log, either from the P3D modules folder, or if it isn't being saved, from a copy you save using the File .. Save menu entry on the log screen. Paste the log into a message here.

Pete

Hi,

tis is upsetting, I see this now, was not this latest version that sim market sells? If not, where do I buy the latest version? I use P3D 1.4 as my GTX280 m doesn't support the new P3d...

Pete didn't mean his FSUIPC4 for FSX/ P3D, he meant the P3D version you use.

The FSUIPC4 version you bought is for FSX/ FSX SE/ P3D v1.x and P3D v2.x. The latest version of FSUIPC/ FSUIPC4 you will always find above under Download Links->Updated Modules

Make sure you use latest installer from that link. Once you bought FSUIPC4 updates are free for FSUIPC4.

Good Evening,

I bought Fsuipc (latest version P3D V2.4). Despite several installations is not recorded. It remains in freeware version.

What to do to it registered?

Best Regards,
Thierry

Latest version? Unfortunately that's often meaningless. It does actually have a version number. Is it 4.938c?

You do actually need to describe what you mean by "despite several installations". Why several? Have you entered your registration details at all? Did you read the instructions?

All the details of what happens when you install FSUIPC4 are saved in the FSUIPC4 Install log. I would need to see that. But only if you are using the current version, 4.938c.

Pete

I have read the instructions... followed them exactly, and when trying to register, hit confirm... box vanishes, and no fsuipic4.key file exists in modules. Nothing.! I can not be the only one on earth with this problem right ? The guy above me also remains in free mode... there is no ability to register any more in the fsupic in game window either, it's greyed out and can't be selected.... Since I was a registered fsuipic user from 10 years ago, and and long lost my key, so I just thought I"d support this and buy again, is that oka? or is that screwing up this install for some reason? email address etc? or entereing data in caps? I entered it just as given in my confirm email from the store, but I feel like something is not right?

I have read the instructions... followed them exactly, and when trying to register, hit confirm... box vanishes, and no fsuipic4.key file exists in modules. Nothing.! I can not be the only one on earth with this problem right ? The guy above me also remains in free mode... there is no ability to register any more in the fsupic in game window either, it's greyed out and can't be selected

Oh dear. Did you not read all of my message? What VERSION NUMBER, please? And I need to see the log. What you are saying happens is very odd, but I cannot help without information!

FSUIPC4 has not been registered inside FS for many many years!

.... Since I was a registered fsuipic user from 10 years ago, and and long lost my key, so I just thought I"d support this and buy again, is that oka?

Okay, but not necessary. You could have retrieved your key -- for FSUIPC3 of course, as FSUIPC4 did not exist 10 years ago. The purchase and registration is separate for FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4.

Pete

• 2 months later...

i have same problem i am using P3D v2.5

and here is my Install Log- FSUIPC4 Install after i install it

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.939j

Looking in registry for FSX install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
Not there, so looking in:
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"AppPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX!  <<< ...
     AppPath=G:\steam fsx\steamapps\common\FSX\

Looking in registry for FSX-SE install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v1 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v2 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
     Parameter"SetupPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND Prepar3D v2!  <<< ...
     SetupPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\
===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR Prepar3D v2:
SetupPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\"
Checking version of the Prepar3D v2 EXE:
... Version 2.5.12944.0  (Need at least 1.0.677.0)
Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:
Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:
       C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL
... Version 4.939j found.
Prepar3D v2 Modules folder already exists.
Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"
Looking for the current user's Application Data path: 
... found as "C:\Users\Ammar\AppData\Roaming"
Now finding \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.CFG for all users, including this one
Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"
 ... No Prepar3D.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Users\Ammar\AppData\Roaming"
Found Prepar3D.CFG in "C:\Users\Ammar\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.CFG"
Now checking DLL.XML ...
... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.
... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.
     (for FSUIPC4, without Loader)
... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay
Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...
... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.
Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"
"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.
Now installing the Prepar3D SimConnect interface for FSUIPC4 into the "Modules" folder:
   Installed "SimConnectP3D2.dll" okay
Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:
   Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay
   Installed "List of FSX and P3D controls.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay
   Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay
   Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay
   Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay
   Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay
   Installed "ASN WX Radar facilities in FSUIPC4.pdf" okay
   Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf" okay
   Installed "Profiles in Separate Files.pdf" okay
===========================================================

All installer tasks completed.
Registration for FSUIPC4 was successful! (result code 00)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

i have same problem i am using P3D v2.5

and here is my Install Log- FSUIPC4 Install after i install it

What "same problem"? The install log shows everything worked fine, except that you appear to have edited it. Did you take out the part about the FSX-SE installation? Please NEVER edit files before posting, as it makes it impossible to follow the logic properly.

I really can't help with the description "same problem" attached to a many weeks old thread, which evidently resolved itself, and doesn't in any way reflect yours,  without any explanation whatsoever!

[LATER]

Perhaps you really meant to describe the problem now also reported in the thread entitled

"FSUIPC 4.939j unsuccessful registration in P3D v2.5"

very close to yours. Please read that one.

[LATER STILL]

It was a silly bug caused by trying to help someone else who couldn't find the Install Log -- the change on 1st April was to make the Installer also save a copy of the log next to itself.

Fixed in the updated install package now uploaded.

Pete