The simFlight Network Forums

Question About the FSUIPC.ini file?

I have the following at the end of the ini file....

[Programs]
Run1="C:\Program Files (x86)\SPAD\Spad.exe"
Run2="F:\FSX ADDONS\OpusFSI\FSISERVER.exe"

However, very often the SPAD driver simply fails to launch.  No idea if this relates to SPAD or FSUIPC, but thought i'd start by asking here.  Being as Opus ALWAYS starts, i'm guessing the issue is elsewhere, but i can't think where to look.

No doubt i'm missing the obvious, but would appriciate a pointer?

Win7 UAC is OFF;-)

Ta!

I have the following at the end of the ini file....

[Programs]

Run1="C:\Program Files (x86)\SPAD\Spad.exe"

Run2="F:\FSX ADDONS\OpusFSI\FSISERVER.exe"

However, very often the SPAD driver simply fails to launch.  No idea if this relates to SPAD or FSUIPC, but thought i'd start by asking here.  Being as Opus ALWAYS starts, i'm guessing the issue is elsewhere, but i can't think where to look.

When it "fails to launch", is there any error logged by FSUIPC? If so the error number will tell you what the problem is -- it will be a standard Windows system error code, as listed here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681381%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

UAC shouldn't be anything to do with it. The Program Files folders might be protected, but it's against being written, not read or executed.

Pete

Nothing in log it fails to launch.  Don't know if that tell you anything.  Doesn't mean much to me i'm afraid;-(

If there's no error logged for its loading, then no error was reported by Windows when FSUIPC asked for it to be run. So as far as FSUIPC knows it was successful. Are you sure it isn't still running invisibly? Maybe it isn't fully closing from before. Use Windows Task Manager to check the running Processes.

Another thought. Maybe it needs to be run when FSUIPC and FS are ready. Try adding the READY option.

One last check -- make sure the [Programs] section "at the end of the INI file" (as you say) is the ONLY [Programs] section!

Pete

If there's no error logged for its loading, then no error was reported by Windows when FSUIPC asked for it to be run. So as far as FSUIPC knows it was successful. Are you sure it isn't still running invisibly? Maybe it isn't fully closing from before. Use Windows Task Manager to check the running Processes.

Another thought. Maybe it needs to be run when FSUIPC and FS are ready. Try adding the READY option.

One last check -- make sure the [Programs] section "at the end of the INI file" (as you say) is the ONLY [Programs] section!

Pete

Hello Pete

Definately not running when it happens.  Checked the task manager straight away, as I have that issue often with Mozilla Firefox.  Would love to know what stops some programmes  exiting properly, as its a right royal pain.

I digress.... Will try your other suggestions....

What I think is probably very bizarre, is that according to log below, surely SPAD opened without issue.  And yet, the drivers failed to launch or inisialise the Saitek devices:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.60a by Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "F:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
User Name=removed
User Addr=removed
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided
Running inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)
Module base=61000000
Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
DebugStatus=255
      375 System time = 14/02/2015 04:30:22
      390 FLT UNC path = "\\MAINPC\Flight Simulator X Files\"
      390 FS UNC path = "\\MAINPC\FSX\"
      640 F:\FSX ADDONS\OpusFSI\FSISERVER.exe
      765 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      765 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
    23806 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
    23806 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
    23806 FSUIPC Menu entry added
    23853 \\MAINPC\Flight Simulator X Files\737 Default at VHHX.FLT
    23853 \\MAINPC\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800\Boeing737-800.AIR
   107204 System time = 14/02/2015 04:32:09, Simulator time = 11:49:21 (04:49Z)
   107204 Aircraft="Boeing 737-800 Paint1"
   126158 C:\SPAD\Spad.exe
   127297 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
   189604 \\MAINPC\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700NGX\B737-700.AIR
   190587 Aircraft="Boeing 737-700NGX PMDG House"
   282175 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 91 secs = 14.7 fps
   501559 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 27 secs = 16.2 fps
   682957 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 25 secs = 16.5 fps
   740162 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 35 secs = 16.3 fps
   977752 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 33 secs = 14.4 fps
   981449 \\MAINPC\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800\Boeing737-800.AIR
   981449 Weather Mode now = Custom
   981449 \\MAINPC\Users\Dougal\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Previous flight.FLT
   995879 System time = 14/02/2015 04:46:57, Simulator time = 11:53:25 (04:53Z)
   995879 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Average frame rate for running time of 247 secs = 15.7 fps
Memory managed: 112 Allocs, 111 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

hi

I am new to this forum but a Spad user, it's an unusual problem.

Dougal you are using a very old version of FSUIPC. 4.6 install the latest version 4.9. Also the saitek drivers per device. Did you uninstall/re-install Spad into the new location.

With FSX running do the devices appear on separate tabs within the spad interface screen, Spad should also show if FSUIPC is connected

JM

hi

I am new to this forum but a Spad user, it's an unusual problem.

Dougal you are using a very old version of FSUIPC. 4.6 install the latest version 4.9. Also the saitek drivers per device. Did you uninstall/re-install Spad into the new location.

With FSX running do the devices appear on separate tabs within the spad interface screen, Spad should also show if FSUIPC is connected

JM

Hi and thanks for responding

I see from my log, that FSUIPC version, is 4.6a, although I was sure I updated recently.  Have restored a backup though, so that could be why.  Will download latestb and retry, though I don't think it's actually an FSUIPC issue.

Separate tabs do indeed show for each panel when its running.  The issue, is that sometimes, like about 2 minuits ago;-) SPAD simply doesn't launch