The simFlight Network Forums

Profile specific option greyed out

Pete,Several months ago you set up some profile specific profiles for several categories of my planes.All is working great but I would like to set a specific throttle calibration for my Turbo Kodiak.I have read and reread page 24 in the manual and understand it,but when I go to calibrate or axis assignments the profile specific  box is checked but greyed out.How do I get to the Profile Specific new option?Then I want to choose new based on single prop that you set up and calibrate the throttle just for the Kodiak.Once again,thanks for any help and your patience.Ron

OK,I went for a walk and I think I have part of it figured out.I need to delete the Kodiak specific included with my single prop specific then make a new one based on my single prop profile?Do I do that sames as if I had the old aircraft specific settings?Thanks,Ron

Pete,Several months ago you set up some profile specific profiles for several categories of my planes.All is working great but I would like to set a specific throttle calibration for my Turbo Kodiak.I have read and reread page 24 in the manual and understand it,but when I go to calibrate or axis assignments the profile specific  box is checked but greyed out.How do I get to the Profile Specific new option?Then I want to choose new based on single prop that you set up and calibrate the throttle just for the Kodiak.Once again,thanks for any help and your patience.Ron

The option is only grayed out when the current aircraft is already assigned to a profile! You cannot assign to a profile when you are already assigned to a profile. Look at the title bar of the options dialogue and it will tell you what profile it is assigned to!

Pete

OK,I went for a walk and I think I have part of it figured out.I need to delete the Kodiak specific included with my single prop specific then make a new one based on my single prop profile?Do I do that sames as if I had the old aircraft specific settings?Thanks,Ron

If you want to make a separate profile for an aircraft already assigned to a profile then, yes, you have to edit the INI file and remove that aircraft from that Profile list.

Not sure why you are now asking about aircraft specific.

Pete

"Kodiak"Yes and I deleted it and set up a new profile for the Kodiak.(You set that one for me  previously)Works fine.Then I set a new profile for twin jets for the B737 and Lear.Both seem to be good.When I open FSUIPC.INI I have the 2 profiles you set up for me,Single prop and twin engine prop,but the Kodiak and Twin Jet profiles are not listed.I did not see an option to save them in FSUIPC.They are working(I think) but not listed in Profiles in the INI.Sorry to be such a pain,but I like to solve the problem.Thanks,Ron

"Kodiak"Yes and I deleted it and set up a new profile for the Kodiak.(You set that one for me  previously)Works fine.Then I set a new profile for twin jets for the B737 and Lear.Both seem to be good.When I open FSUIPC.INI I have the 2 profiles you set up for me,Single prop and twin engine prop,but the Kodiak and Twin Jet profiles are not listed.I did not see an option to save them in FSUIPC.They are working(I think) but not listed in Profiles in the INI.Sorry to be such a pain,but I like to solve the problem.Thanks,Ron

They MUST be identified in the INI or they cannot possibly work! You are not looking properly.

If you have "UseProfiles=Files" set, then the settings themselves will be in the Profiles subfolder in their own INI files, but there will still be the main [Profile.xxxx] sections in the main FSUIPC4.INI file with the assigned aircraft listed.

Pete