The simFlight Network Forums

some dark displays

victorjr

Hello all

First of all, I have to admit, I installed the 170&190 into p3d, by tricking the installer, adding a fake fsx.exe in the p3d folder..but okay, I saw that by others it worked, so here I am.

2 displays aren't working. The one to the left from the pfd, and the fmc/fms. All the others work.

This doesn't make sense to me. Anyone else some advise?

Vkr

Victor

Passing forum admin sticking his nose in...

Two questions... First of all, that looks a lot like the aircraft is just shut down, in which case not everything is getting power, hence lots of EICAS messages. What happens if you work through the checklists and start it up?

Secondly, if you will insist on using FSX aircraft in P3D (they do usually work, to be fair! ;) ) then ensure that you install the FSX versions of Simconnect, as well as the P3D one. They're in a legacy folder within P3D - the SP1 version can be found at Prepar3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi -you will need to install all the versions, though, to avoid problems, as different add-ons use different versions of Simconnect.

Ian P.

Passing forum admin sticking his nose in...

Two questions... First of all, that looks a lot like the aircraft is just shut down, in which case not everything is getting power, hence lots of EICAS messages. What happens if you work through the checklists and start it up?

Secondly, if you will insist on using FSX aircraft in P3D (they do usually work, to be fair! ;) ) then ensure that you install the FSX versions of Simconnect, as well as the P3D one. They're in a legacy folder within P3D - the SP1 version can be found at Prepar3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi -you will need to install all the versions, though, to avoid problems, as different add-ons use different versions of Simconnect.

Ian P.

Indeed, after pressing ctrl e, everything works. Weird though, because I set in the configuration "engines running".. Could that be a conflicting thing?

The config files probably aren't being saved in the right place - as scoobflight says, it's not designed to work in P3D, so there probably will be conflicts trying to do so.

Cheers,

Ian P.