The simFlight Network Forums

mousebuttonswap

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me out.

I use a touchscreen monitor for my overheadpanels.

The plane i fly most is the PMDG MD-11
In FSX the "Mousebutton swap" function in FSUIPC worked well to allow me to switch landinglights off on the overhead panel. Thats a 3 position switch, so light off and retract, requires 2 clikcs.

In P3D 2.5 the mousebutton swap works for me, but only once. When the light is on, i can set the licht off (centre position of switch) but i cant get the switch to move further in the same direction. 
I can get other switches to move with the "right mouse" but also, only once.
Also no second click when coming back to a switch i "right cklicked" before

I assigned the X key to apply mousebutton swap.

FSX and P3D FSUIPC version 4.939

Any tips are appereciated.
Kind regards

The plane i fly most is the PMDG MD-11

In FSX the "Mousebutton swap" function in FSUIPC worked well to allow me to switch landinglights off on the overhead panel. Thats a 3 position switch, so light off and retract, requires 2 clikcs.

In P3D 2.5 the mousebutton swap works for me, but only once. When the light is on, i can set the licht off (centre position of switch) but i cant get the switch to move further in the same direction. 

I can get other switches to move with the "right mouse" but also, only once.

Also no second click when coming back to a switch i "right cklicked" before

FSUIPC is doing exactly the same thing in both FSX and P3D (the code is identical), so this can only be a bug in either the PMDG MD-11 or in P3D. Is the MD-11 a specific build for P3D? If so I'd check PMDG support. Otherwise P3D support.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Then it's probably due to the MD-11.
(whisper mode.. psst, between you and me.... the PMDG MD-11 is not specificaly for P3D, but i'm just glad i got it running in P3D)

If i buy/install another plane that needs right mouse button inputs, i'll check it with that.

Thanks

Hi Pete,

Hope you get this info.
Like you said, the FSUIPC mousebuttonswap works in P3D, just like in FSX.
I tried some other functions, with my mouse, as well as the touchscreen.
Thats showed a difference. P3D (2.5) at least responds slightly different to the real mouse v.s. the touchscreen.

The touchscreen with mousebuttonswap seems to alternate. it responds to the first, ignores the second, repsonds to the third press.
With the real mouse, with mousebuttonswap, p3d responds to evry mouseclick. 
Easlily demonstrated my evoking the contect menu with the"fake" right mouse in P3D.

dont know if this info is helpfull, hope it is.
Cheers

The touchscreen with mousebuttonswap seems to alternate. it responds to the first, ignores the second, repsonds to the third press.

With the real mouse, with mousebuttonswap, p3d responds to evry mouseclick. 

Easlily demonstrated my evoking the contect menu with the"fake" right mouse in P3D.

Sounds like the touchscreen driver is sending mouse button down and mouse button up on each successive press. With the Lilliput touch screens I use (I don't recall the make of their drivers) the button press is sent when it sees the touch, and the release when you remove your finger, just like with a release mouse button or keyboard key press.

Pete