The simFlight Network Forums

Terminals

Richard Keen

Hi

I have been a long time user of Tower and I have installed it on a new PC ..every things running fine , I wondered if any one let me know how they have set up their Teminals ,ie updates were the airlines park so they show up in the sim .. I remember doing it all once before but forgot to safe them .i have the default airports plus ...ATL ..BOS..PHL..LAS..JFK SFO ..

Thanks

Rich

Rich,

I think this is what you are looking for.

I regularly update the terminal files and schedule files using real world schedules from Flight Aware or Flight Stats. Flight stas does no longer show the A/C types.

To get the terminals used I look up the airport using Wikipedia & get the list of airlines from there. Copy the list to a word document or similar. That gives you the basic terminal info.

I then sctratch around the airports web sites & find a list of the terminal diagrams and there normally is a list of each airline using the terminals.

It is just a matter of opening the respective terminal file using a text editor and amend the fille as needed. Remenber that the terminal file uses the ICAO 4 letter airline  codes wheras the schedules use the IATA 3 leter codes.

Hope this helps

Kev M

Brisbane

Australia