The simFlight Network Forums

CH Throttle Quad Problem

Hello

I am running p3d 2.5 and having problems with setting up my ch throttle levers with fsuipc.

After reinstalling fsuipc 2 of my 6 levers do not work properly in the axis assignment.

One of these after pressing rescan will jump from 0 to 16383.

The other problem lever when moved rather than -16383 to 16383 goes from 0 to 16383.

This ch quad has its own Ch Control Manager and one can calibrate through it which I have done with no problem.

Thanks

Paul

I am running p3d 2.5 and having problems with setting up my ch throttle levers with fsuipc.

After reinstalling fsuipc 2 of my 6 levers do not work properly in the axis assignment.

One of these after pressing rescan will jump from 0 to 16383.

The other problem lever when moved rather than -16383 to 16383 goes from 0 to 16383.

This ch quad has its own Ch Control Manager and one can calibrate through it which I have done with no problem.

The first problem is generally one of axis definition in the Registry. It sounds like it is defined as "digital" (i.e. on or off, rather that having a range). The other one, operating from 0 to 16384 is probably to do with the Control Manager (in fact both of them might be). However, FSUIPC can calibrate a full FS range no matter what the input range, so it isn't really so much of a problem.

I suspect you shouldn't be using the CH control manager at all if you want to do things more flexibly in FSUIPC, but as i have no CH devices I couldn't be certain. It is only what others have said.

It will pay you I think to visit the CH hangar website, http://www.ch-hangar.com/, or even Bob's Stickworks (http://stickworks.com/), but I think the latter is now pretty old and not updated for years.

Pete

The first problem is generally one of axis definition in the Registry. It sounds like it is defined as "digital" (i.e. on or off, rather that having a range). The other one, operating from 0 to 16384 is probably to do with the Control Manager (in fact both of them might be). However, FSUIPC can calibrate a full FS range no matter what the input range, so it isn't really so much of a problem.

Pete

Pete,

I am running FSX Gold on Windows 7 64 bit with all controls assigned and calibrated through FSUIPC.  These controls consist of a Saitek X65F stick and throttle quadrant and Saitek Combat rudder pedals.  All has functioned well until about a week or two when I have run into a problem very similar to that of the originator of this thread. 

In attempting to program the throttles with reverse I suddenly became aware that both of the dual throttles would go from idle to full throttle if they were even touched.  The only way they could be returned to idle was to use the FSX F1 key.  If manually moved they would return to full thrust.  As of yet I've have not found any functional solution to this problem though I've found it has happened to others in the various forums.  The only two aircraft I normally fly are the VRS F18E and the PMDG B737NGX.  This problem affects both of these as well as any of the FSX default aircraft I tried. 

Not being "the sharpest knife in the whole drawer" when it comes to the registry I was hoping that you might be able to expand a bit on your quoted statement as to what it is that we should do within the registry to alleviate this problem.  Otherwise I may have to throw my very expensive Saitek control set out the window and then open my veins.

Please accept my thanks in advance for any assistance with this matter

Fred.

Not being "the sharpest knife in the whole drawer" when it comes to the registry I was hoping that you might be able to expand a bit on your quoted statement as to what it is that we should do within the registry to alleviate this problem.  Otherwise I may have to throw my very expensive Saitek control set out the window and then open my veins.

You really need Saittek support for this. I don't use any Saitek gear. The only stuff I know of which might help was that supplied by a helpful user (Al,) -- please see the FAQ subforum thread which I've just revised to paste in the Saitek help, which was originally on their Forum but seems to have been removed.

Pete