The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to program FSUIPC Options & Settings

MOVED FROM SUBFORUMS TO SUPPORT FORUM SO IT CAN BE SEEN AND ANSWERED!

To Whom it may concern, Let me start off by saying that I''m new to FSUIPC. I'm using a Saitek 52 controller w/ FSX. When I go into the FSUIPC sttings and try to program button & switches, I can't get anything to go into the " PRESS BUTTON boxes and the " Select for FS Control" box is not highlighted nor is the "Select for key press" box so cannot put a check in them. When I check "Profile specific" box, on the top up next to "FSUIPC Options and settings" whithever aircraft I'm in at the time will show, but not a list of all of the other A/C that I have installed in the game so I can't name a new profile or create one.

I have the same problem in the " Axis Assignment" too.

In closing let me say thanks to anyone who can help me with my dilemma.

P.S. Since this is my first time using a forum, I don't know what it is meant by the term " Topic Tags" as it appears above. If you could email me your solutions to roger7113@gmail.com I'd appreciate

Roger Singer

MOVED FROM SUBFORUMS TO SUPPORT FORUM SO IT CAN BE SEEN AND ANSWERED!

I'm using a Saitek 52 controller w/ FSX. When I go into the FSUIPC sttings and try to program button & switches, I can't get anything to go into the " PRESS BUTTON boxes and the " Select for FS Control" box is not highlighted nor is the "Select for key press" box so cannot put a check in them.

First, let me ask. Have you read any of the FSUIPC User Guide, one of the documents installed for you in the FSUIPC Documents subfolder? If not please do read some, at least those sections relevant to what you want to do.

Let me split your message up into its separate questions:

When I go into the FSUIPC sttings and try to program button & switches, I can't get anything to go into the " PRESS BUTTON boxes and the " Select for FS Control" box is not highlighted nor is the "Select for key press" box so cannot put a check in them.

Do you mean you press a button but nothing appears showing the joystick number and button number? If so it sounds like the joystick isn't installed correctly. Seems that Saitek installers are very prone to this.

If FS itself can see the buttons and axes, then it may just be a problem with the registration of the device -- the most common problem with Saitek installs. To fix this please refer to the FAQ subforum above, look at the thread entitled "Fixing joystick connections not seen by FSUIPC".

If FSX cannot see the device either you need to reinstall it from scratch, or visit the Saitek support forum.

Naturally the other parts of that settings dialogue cannot really be used until a button or switch is identified, as there's nothing to which it can assign whatever actions you want to select.

When I check "Profile specific" box, on the top up next to "FSUIPC Options and settings" whithever aircraft I'm in at the time will show, but not a list of all of the other A/C that I have installed in the game so I can't name a new profile or create one.

You are not SELECTING an aircraft here!  To select an aircraft go to the appropriate FS menu! You are creating a Profile for the CURRENT AIRCRAFT -- i.e. the one you have loaded in FS and the one you would be assigning actions for.

If you already have created any profiles they will be listed for you and you can thereby add the currently loaded aircraft to that profile. Or you can create a new one and give it a name.

I really do suggest you at least browse through the User Guide. (It contains pictures as well! ;-))

I have the same problem in the " Axis Assignment" too.

Probably the same answers as above, then, without more information to go on.

P.S. Since this is my first time using a forum, I don't know what it is meant by the term " Topic Tags" as it appears above.

Just search tags. Some folks use them, most don't. 

If you could email me your solutions to roger7113@gmail.com I'd appreciate

No, sorry. This is a support forum. Answers are given in the forum, that's the point.

Pete

I'll look for the subfolder you referred to

The Installation instructions which were inside the ZIP you downloaded, sitting right next to the Installer, did actually tell you where everything was and listed what you'd find there! Did you not read the Installation instructions?

Pete