The simFlight Network Forums

Flight 1 B200 with TM WatHog throttle issue

Hi,

I seem to have an issue with assigning the throttle axis to TM WartHog through FSUIPC for the Flight 1 B200 and that alone.

While every single axis works flawlessly this is the only axis which exhibits a certain problem/ phenomenon:

Movement of the assigned WartHog throttle handle (or any other WartHog physical axis) aft, when it just stops at its aft detent, causes the plane's throttle to jump forward to the idle gate.

Calibration or edited ini file values had no effect.

My work around, sadly ,is using FSX's Z axis ,just for this plane, which has a synced full range of movement from full throttle, through the idle gate and beta range, till the beginning of the reverse.

It seems like FSUIPC is peeking up some F1 programmed data from the beta range which FSX ignores or handles differently and thus works.

FSUIPC version 4.944a, windows 7 64bit, FSX.

Would appreciate a solution.

Movement of the assigned WartHog throttle handle (or any other WartHog physical axis) aft, when it just stops at its aft detent, causes the plane's throttle to jump forward to the idle gate.

What is the INput value from the axis at the aft detent? Are sou sure there isn't a button there, as on the Saitek throttles, and that button is assigned to a control which is causing that action? Enable Button and Event logging in FSUIPC and see what is happening, as there is no way FSUIPC will be doing this without good reason.

It seems like FSUIPC is peeking up some F1 programmed data from the beta range which FSX ignores or handles differently and thus works.

FSUIPC version 4.944a, windows 7 64bit, FSX.

FSUIPC does no such things. Axes are just numbers which change as you move a lever, Calibration merely maps the input range to the desired output range, and you are in full control of that.

Pete

What is the INput value from the axis at the aft detent? Are sou sure there isn't a button there, as on the Saitek throttles, and that button is assigned to a control which is causing that action? Enable Button and Event logging in FSUIPC and see what is happening,

Pete,

Thanks for the swift response.

1. The input value at the lower after axis is -16384.

2. The movement of the throttle aft stops at a detent when it bumps into it.

In order to pass that detent the handle needs to be phisically lifted and then moved back and lowered into the reverse/ idle section.

The range of movement before the detent is an axis and it is assigned to the throttle axis.

The small range of movement behind the detent is a button and it is assigned to throttle decrease (eg reverse).

3. Attached is the requested logs:

(Buttons and events ticked, got into the pit, moved the throttle aft once, stopped logging and exited the pit into the main menu)

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.944a by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "D:\FSX\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

Running inside FSX on Windows 7

Module base=50100000

User Name="Polaris XXXXX"

User Addr="XXXXXXXXXXXX"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

405 System time = 16/09/2015 18:21:24

405 FLT path = "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

437 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

437 FS path = "D:\FSX\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

780 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

780 -------------------------------------------------------------------

780 ------ Setting the hooks and direct calls into the simulator ------

780 --- CONTROLS timer memory location obtained ok

780 --- SIM1 Frictions access gained

780 ASN active function link set

780 --- FS Controls Table located ok

780 --- Installed Mouse Macro hooks ok.

780 Wind smoothing may be by ASN, not FSUIPC, if it is running

780 Will switch smoothing action when ASN starts/stops

780 --- G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

780 --- All links checked okay

780 -------------------------------------------------------------------

780 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

780 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07

3214 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

3214 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

3214 FSUIPC Menu entry added

3229 C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Cold & Dark CT206H LLHZ.flt

3229 D:\FSX\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado CT206H_Stationair\CT206H.AIR

8174 Weather Mode now = Custom

17316 D:\FSX\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

17316 Weather Mode now = Theme

17316 c:\users\owner\documents\flight simulator x files\FSX Startup for Complex Aircraft LLHZ.FLT

61761 System time = 16/09/2015 18:22:26, Simulator time = 12:07:04 (10:07Z)

61776 Aircraft="Aircreation582SL red"

68453 Starting everything now ...

96611 D:\FSX\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\F1_Kingair B200\F1_Kingair_B200.AIR

97126 Aircraft="F1_Kingair_B200-N117PL_02"

97235 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

159901 LogOptions changed, now 60000000 00000001

180665 LogOptions changed, now 00000000 00000001

190118 D:\FSX\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

190118 C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Previous flight.FLT

191195 Aircraft="Aircreation582SL red"

Regards

Edited by Polaris

1. The input value at the lower after axis is -16384.

That's correct. and will normally be calibrated to 0, which is the normal FS  idle.

2. The movement of the throttle aft stops at a detent when it bumps into it.

In order to pass that detent the handle needs to be phisically lifted and then moved back and lowered into the reverse/ idle section.

The range of movement before the detent is an axis and it is assigned to the throttle axis.

The small range of movement behind the detent is a button and it is assigned to throttle decrease (eg reverse).

Like the Saitek throttle. Yes, that's what i thought. So it must be the button action which is doing it ...

3. Attached is the requested logs:

(Buttons and events ticked, got into the pit, moved the throttle aft once, stopped logging and exited the pit into the main menu)

96611 D:\FSX\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\F1_Kingair B200\F1_Kingair_B200.AIR

97126 Aircraft="F1_Kingair_B200-N117PL_02"

97235 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

159901 LogOptions changed, now 60000000 00000001

180665 LogOptions changed, now 00000000 00000001

Well, the button isn't activated. You need to log axis Events as well as the discrete events, please so we can check that the axis values being sent are correct.

Are you sure it isn't the add-on aircraft you are using, treating an idle (zero) input as something special?

Pete

Polaris, I don't have the TM WartHog, but here's an idea you might try that Pete gave me some time ago:

Since in the Flight 1 KA B200 the last (lower) 25% of the normal throttle axis range has been reserved for the Beta range, idle thrust is at the 25% throttle position point. My experience (with the Saitek throttle) has been that when FSUIPC detects the lower limit of the throttle axis range has been reached (-16384 in your case), it assumes this is the idle point. As a result, the throttle jumps to the idle (25%) position unless specifially prevented from doing so by artificially preventing FSUIPC from ever detecting what it thinks is the lower throttle limit (set a lower limit in the FSUIPC.ini file that can't be reached, e.g., -16400).

Al

In the Flight 1 KA B200 the last (lower) 25% of the normal throttle axis range has been reserved for the Beta range, so idle thrust is at the 25% throttle position point. My experience ( with the Saitek throttle) has been that when FSUIPC detects the lower limit of the axis range has been reached (-16384), the throttle will jump to the idle (25%) point unless specifially prevented from doing so by artificially preventing FSUIPC from detecting the lower throttle limit.

So it is definitely the add-on aircraft setting 25% when it sees FS or FSUIPC setting idle thrust (90%). What a daft thing to do!

As you say, you'd need to change the calibration numbers to stop idle ever being set -- one way is to reduce the -16384 limit in the calibration section of the FSUIPC ini file to something lower still, which is never reached.

Pete

You need to log axis Events as well as the discrete events, please so we can check that the axis values being sent are correct.

Are you sure it isn't the add-on aircraft you are using, treating an idle (zero) input as something special?

1. Attached is the logs file and I checked all options but weather:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.944a by Pete Dowson *********

User Name="Polaris XXXXXXXX"

User Addr="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

789552 System time = 16/09/2015 20:52:44, Simulator time = 12:07:17 (10:07Z)

789552 FLT path = "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

[Continuation log requested by user]

Running inside FSX on Windows 7

Module base=587E0000

789552 LogOptions changed, now F0000000 0000001D

789583 [buttons] now profile-specific:

789583    1=P2,21,C65595,0

789583    3=P2,22,C65603,0

789770 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N

810035 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y

810035 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 20 secs = 29.8 fps

819645 LogOptions changed, now 00000000 00000001

864854 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 45 secs = 29.9 fps

[Log closed by user request, and continued in new file]

881639 System time = 16/09/2015 20:54:16, Simulator time = 12:08:23 (10:08Z)

881639 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Minimum frame rate was 21.7 fps, Maximum was 30.0 fps

Minimum available memory recorded was 1868Mb

Average frame rate for running time of 273 secs = 29.7 fps

G3D fix: Passes 15406, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0

Memory managed: 130 Allocs, 128 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

2. As I wrote in my first post this only happens with the Flight1 B200.

But...when an axis is assigned to the throttle through the FSX UI there id no problem and it's a fluid movement from top to detent.

*  Just to clarify: the TM WartHog has 3 axis with the third being a lever without a detent.

It also exhibits the same issue when it gets to its aft stop.

Since in the Flight 1 KA B200 the last (lower) 25% of the normal throttle axis range has been reserved for the Beta range, idle thrust is at the 25% throttle position point. My experience (with the Saitek throttle) has been that when FSUIPC detects the lower limit of the throttle axis range has been reached (-16384 in this case), it assumes this is the idle point and so the throttle jumps to the idle (25%) position unless specifially prevented from doing so by artificially preventing FSUIPC from detecting what it thinks is the lower throttle limit (set a lower limit in the FSUIPC.ini file that can't be reached, e.g., -16400).

Al,

We're talking about the same exact issue.

I tried resolving it like you proposed but it didn't work for me.

I shall check it again for I fear that FSUIPC didn't refresh the changes made to the ini file.

Regards

So it is definitely the add-on aircraft setting 25% when it sees FS or FSUIPC setting idle thrust (90%). What a daft thing to do!

As you say, you'd need to change the calibration numbers to stop idle ever being set -- one way is to reduce the -16384 limit in the calibration section of the FSUIPC ini file to something lower still, which is never reached.

Pete

On my way to check it.

Shall Report back.

As it is this particular Flight1 B200 is a work of art, as is your software.

1. Attached is the logs file and I checked all options but weather:

Why? Just the Axes needed to be added!

There was no axis changes logged, so you never moved them or there were none assigned!

2. As I wrote in my first post this only happens with the Flight1 B200.

But...when an axis is assigned to the throttle through the FSX UI there id no problem and it's a fluid movement from top to detent.

In that case I think that add-on aircraft is intercepting the axes at a higher level and handling it there. If that's the case you cannot calibrate it in FSUIPC, because it needs to intercept the axes too, then feed in the calibrated values at a lower level!

Pete