The simFlight Network Forums

P3dv3 PFC controls and FSUIPC

PFC USB Yoke, PFC Baron Quadrant and Rudder on Serial, Saitek Cessna Rudder Trim. Win 7 Pro 64bit, FSUIPC 4947c.

PFC USB Yoke is working but at full deflection both Elevator and ailerons. Range appears trunicated.

There is no Calibration facility. Both PFC and Saitek units are listed and Axes assigned X,Y respectively.

Affects all aircraft. Disabled Controllers to use FSUIPC.  FSX/P3dv2.5 operations normal.

FSUIPC Joystick Calibrations do not change with deflections.

I have read the Manual but am not FSUIPC savvy.

What have I missed?

Alex

FSUIPC4.ini.txt

PFC USB Yoke, PFC Baron Quadrant and Rudder on Serial, Saitek Cessna Rudder Trim. Win 7 Pro 64bit, FSUIPC 4947c.
PFC USB Yoke is working but at full deflection both Elevator and ailerons. Range appears trunicated.
There is no Calibration facility. Both PFC and Saitek units are listed and Axes assigned X,Y respectively.
Affects all aircraft. Disabled Controllers to use FSUIPC.  FSX/P3dv2.5 operations normal.
FSUIPC Joystick Calibrations do not change with deflections.
I have read the Manual but am not FSUIPC savvy.
What have I missed?

I assume the INI file you attached is not the one you are using, because that shows no real axis assignments at all in FSUIPC. If you've disabled controllers in P3D and not assigned any in FSUIPC you canbnot really expect to see them in the Calibrations tab!

Here's your total axis assignment section:

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=0X,R14
1=0X,U,0,0,65615,0

which shows axis X on joystick #0 sending the non-axis control 65615 which is "ELEV TRIM UP". Not even an Eleve trim down assignment?

Pete

What you are saying is that I must de-assign the Aileron/Elevator assignments in FS and assign them in FSUIPC4?

Please see the Pinned thread on this subject at the top of the Forum (

IMPORTANT: FSUIPC calibration of axes in P3D version 3

. It does tell you exactly what you need to do and why.

At present P3Dv3 will not allow FSUIPC to see controls assigned in P3D whilst it is in the dialogue. If you have calibrations from P3Dv2 or FSX you can copy them over -- just copy over the FSUIPC4.INI file.

Pete

Elevator and Ailerons working. Difficulty assigning Rudder Axis.

Hmm, why? Was one of the others jittering too much and interfering? You can tell it to stop scanning an axis -- there's a button. It's only a temporary action.

FSUIPC doesn't distinguish between axis inputs, apart from naming them of course, so the assigning action should be the same for all.

Pete

No idea. Took and inordinate number of attempts to get X and Y accepted.

What was happening then? Are they constantly jittering? There's a way round that, as documented and as mentioned above.

Rudder/Brakes are through PFCFSX. Rudder locked hard over, Brakes not working.

Er, this is additional to what you said earlier?  "My problem is with my assignment of Axes in FSUIPC" (i.e. not PFCFSX). Have you used the PFCFSX menu to set and calibrate them?

Anyway, I've noticed that Lockheed-Martin are not only aware of many issues with control inputs but are actively dealing with them. I suggest that since you said that your setup was okay with FSX and P3Dv2, you simply copy over the same FSUIPC and PFCFSX settings (both INI files in the Modules folder), and stay calm until L-M do the business.

I am tempted by P3Dv3, but I won't be switching until all this stuff is sorted out.

Pete