The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC.INI entry not working in P3Dv3

I have the following entry in the ini file, just as in the FSX version, but the applications are not starting when P3D launches.

[Programs]
Run="C:\FS ADDONS\OpusFSI\FSISERVER.exe"

Any ideas please?

I also tried:

[Programs]
Run1=READY,"C:\Program Files (x86)\SPAD\Spad.exe"
Run2="C:\FS ADDONS\OpusFSI\FSISERVER.exe"

Remove the " from the line with ready - I think that is the only line that will work when you have removed "

All the best - if I am not right someone will correct me. On my iPad - check Mr Dowsons manual to make sure the syntax is correct.

Denis Brown

I take back the above comments;-)

Once again, the entry:  [Programs]
Run="C:\FS ADDONS\OpusFSI\FSISERVER.exe"   no longer works 99% of the time. Just occasionally, Opus will launch.  Wouldn't have thought it possible. It either should or shouldn't work!

Any ideas?

I take back the above comments;-)

Once again, the entry:  [Programs]

Run="C:\FS ADDONS\OpusFSI\FSISERVER.exe"   no longer works 99% of the time. Just occasionally, Opus will launch.  Wouldn't have thought it possible. It either should or shouldn't work!

Any ideas?

If FSUIPC is not logging an error after the Run entry in the Log, then as far as it is concerned the job is done. The command has gone to Windows and success result returned. If FSIServer then doesn't start it is because it decided it shouldn't. Maybe there's a error logged by it somewhere?

Why don't you try only starting it when FS is ready for it to link up? It may just be that its attempts are clashing. there's a lot going on during FS initialisation. Try putting READY, before the "C:\FS ADDONS ...".

BTW I just looked at my INI file. I have this collection:

[Programs]
RunIF1=CLOSE,"e:\steam\steamapps\common\fsx\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe"
RunIF2=CLOSE,"E:\mcp\pfcmcp.exe"
RunIF3=CLOSE,"E:\FSX\Modules\SismoAft.exe"
RunIF4=CLOSE,"D:\OpusFSI\FSISERVER.EXE"
RunIF5=CLOSE,"E:\ProSimMCP\prosimMCP.exe"
RunIF6=CLOSE,"E:\FSX\pmsounds\pmSounds.exe"
RunIF7=KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\ASNext_FSX\ASNext.exe"
RunIF8=CLOSE,READY,"E:\ProSimAudio\ProsimAudio.exe"

These all load successfully every time. I use RunIf rather than Run to stop them trying to load if there's a copy running already. I try to make them close too when I close FS -- that works with them all except ASN which I fond I need to KILL ruthlessly! 

Pete