The simFlight Network Forums

Wilco/FT Airbus connect to Saitek devices

Hello Pete,

I want to connect my Saitek devices to the Wilco/Feelthere Airbusses.

This is a wish since years.

So fact is for now, there is a pretty good documentation about all (!) the Wilco A320 offsets including the software from Erich Marciano "FSUIPC Exporter".

And there is a new software called SPAD.neXt which connects the Saitek devices in a clever way to all FSX standard aircrafts, using FSUIPC functions and also LVARS, no Offsets. Unfortunately the Airbus doesn't provide the offsets as LVARS. And unfortunately the Saitek devices with all their buttons and displays do not appear in FSUIPC.

Now my question: can I create LVARS with LUA programming or with other solutions ?

I didn' find any example in your FSUIPC SDK.

How did you create the tokens for iFLY or PMDG aircrafts ?

thanks

Alhard

Now my question: can I create LVARS with LUA programming or with other solutions ?

You cannot "create" LVars unless you are creating an add-on aircraft or gauges for one. LVars are "Local Panel Variables" and are intimately tied into the code of the aircraft gauges. The facilities in FSUIPC for LVars are there to discover them, and read or write their values, but they need to actually exist first.

I am amazed that SPAD does not handle offsets. That pretty much eliminates its use for default FS aircraft,and add-ons which just rely on normal FS functions. I think you should double check that fact.

Offsets manipulation can be programmed in Lua, of course, but easier most times, you can write values to them, change individual bits in them, and increment or decrement them, by simple button assignments to Offset controls, in the FSUIPC drop-down assignments list.

How did you create the tokens for iFLY or PMDG aircrafts ?

What 'tokens'? 

The PMDG 737NGX and 777X aircraft provide a method of reading all of their indicator, switch and display settings, and FSUIPC has taken advantage of that to map them all to read-only offsets. Those are documented in separate PDFs installed in the FSUIPC Documents subfolder. But no "tokens".

I don't know iFly I'm afraid.

Pete

You cannot "create" LVars unless you are creating an add-on aircraft or gauges for one. LVars are "Local Panel Variables" and are intimately tied into the code of the aircraft gauges. The facilities in FSUIPC for LVars are there to discover them, and read or write their values, but they need to actually exist first.

Thanks for that clarification, Pete

I am amazed that SPAD does not handle offsets. That pretty much eliminates its use for default FS aircraft,and add-ons which just rely on normal FS functions. I think you should double check that fact.

Misunderstanding: I ment SPAD does not yet handle offsets for the Wilco Airbus.

What 'tokens'?

I found that term in one of your documents. May be wrong. I ment the function behind an offset.

Isn't SPAD configurable? Sorry, I don't know the program at all. Is there a Forum for it where you can get help?

Pete

Yes SPAD is very flexible in programming the Saitek devices. I am now in contact with the developper and since yesterday night, the Offsets for the Airbus are available in Beta version for Betatesters.

Btw.: the Forum is here http://www.fsgs.com/forum/ Have a look in the Video to be seen in the forum.

and I would be happy if other Wilco Airbus pilots give me a short feedback about their Saitek configuration with FSUIPC and SPAD.neXt.

Alhard