The simFlight Network Forums

Failed Macros

Hi Pete I am not sure if my problem was caused by updating PMDG777 or FSUIPC update.

I am running FSX-SE with a home built Throttle Quadrant which has been working perfectly until I did the two updates mentioned above, I had set up Macro's for Auto Throttle and Fuel Switches which for some reason have now ceased to work.

When I first made the Macro's following your instructions in the manual  it went like clockwork and everything worked fine but,  I have since tried making them afresh however now when I put the mouse pointer over the selected switch it constantly flashes and although FSUIPC recognises the switches checking functionality with the TAB key does not work and the result although the new macro is visible functionality is not there, have you any idea what can have changed and is there a way round this new found problem.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Les Wilson

I am running FSX-SE with a home built Throttle Quadrant which has been working perfectly until I did the two updates mentioned above, I had set up Macro's for Auto Throttle and Fuel Switches which for some reason have now ceased to work.

Mouse Macros actually depend on the actual memory location of the function they are calling. If you change the Gauge or cockpit files then you must delete all the macros relevant to those gauges or cockpit and make them again. You have to do this on every update to your target aircraft.

There's no way around this. Mouse Macros are a "fiddle", a "hack", going direct into the code which the mouse rectangle detector would otherwise call.

Pete

Hi Pete,  I have tried remaking the macro's but to no avail, when I click the mouse pointer on the fuel run switch on the PMDG 777 pedestal the multiple line message appears but keeps blinking I'm pretty sure it did not blink before when I originally made the macro's, this is also true if I click on the auto throttle switches, also the tab key has no effect weird!.

When I set the macro for the auto throttle ignoring the fact that the tab key does not confirm operation,  though the switch does not move on the panel it does disconnect the auto throttle, this is not the same as the fuel run switches which have no effect whatsoever.

Do you have any idea what has gone wrong, is there a way around this problem,

regards

Les

Hi Pete,  I have tried remaking the macro's but to no avail, when I click the mouse pointer on the fuel run switch on the PMDG 777 pedestal the multiple line message appears but keeps blinking I'm pretty sure it did not blink before when I originally made the macro's, this is also true if I click on the auto throttle switches, also the tab key has no effect weird!.

When I set the macro for the auto throttle ignoring the fact that the tab key does not confirm operation,  though the switch does not move on the panel it does disconnect the auto throttle, this is not the same as the fuel run switches which have no effect whatsoever.

Do you have any idea what has gone wrong, is there a way around this problem,

I've no idea what could make them "blink", unless it's to do with your video system. There's no "blink" built into the FSUIPC display action.

If TAB won't confirm the action then they've changed the code so it doesn't work.

Not sure why you'd even bother using Mouse Macros with PMDG 777X since PMDG provide assignable custom controls for almost everything, as they did for the 737NGX.

Pete

I did use assignable controls for all the other switches but I could not find any for the fuel flow switches or Auto throttle disconnect that actually made the switches move on the panel so, I resorted to FSUIPC's macro's and they did work fine until the update therefore as you suggest they have probably changed the code.

Back to the drawing board me thinks.

Many thanks for your input.

Les

I did use assignable controls for all the other switches but I could not find any for the fuel flow switches or Auto throttle disconnect that actually made the switches move on the panel

Do you need to see them move? Surely one is spring loaded (and in any case the result is obvious on the EICAS) and the other just a momentary button in any case.

Pete

• 5 weeks later...
Hello,

I have the same problem with the blinking since I moved to FSX-SE each time I try to record a mouse macro, as soon as I pass over a switch or a botton (PMDG 737ngx) the green bar start blinking and not record anything. In FSX Version box, no problem every thing is ok.

Someone could help me.

Winsows 10

FSX-SE

Best regards !!

Claude