The simFlight Network Forums

Traffic Zapper

Hi,

I am using a registered version of FSUIPC 4.948 with P3D v3.1 as well as MY TRAFFIC and have assigned a joystick button to "Traffic Zapper". If I see a plane direct in front of me (on the ground e. g. on a taxiway or a runway during approach) everything works well: The plane disappears immediately. But using the Aerosoft Airbus together with its TCAS and I get in the air a warning then pushing the joystick button nothing happens. So my question: What "circle" is used by the FSUIPC the make those planes disappear (only in front of the plane, below or higher)? Or do I have to make certain additional settings? Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Rolf   

But using the Aerosoft Airbus together with its TCAS and I get in the air a warning then pushing the joystick button nothing happens.

You really need to be able to see it to Zap it, unless you just Zap everything around you -- see the ZapCylinderAltDiff parameter as described on page 9 in the FSUIPC4 Advanced Users manual.

The proper thing to do on a TCAS warning is to take the avoiding action it shows on the PFD.

Your FSUIPC is out of date and no longer supported. In more up to date versions of FSUIPC that you are using (the current one is 4.949c), the Zap control takes a parameter too which widens the angle (see the Changes document for it). But this really applies only to the traffic in front of you. Many TCAS warnings are for traffic above and below and not visible in front, so those angles don't apply. the Cylinder option operates on the nearest aircraft above, below and behind as well. But try the more realistic method first if you can.

Pete