The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle assignment both in FSUIPC and P3D?

Hi,

In advance sorry if this question already has been asked before. I did a forum search but didn't find my question.

Here it goes:

• Is it possible (using aircraft specific profiles) to use FSUIPC for throttle axis assigment  for some aircraft but for other aircraft to use the default throttle assigment in P3D?

The reason why I'm asking this is that I don't succeed to set FSUIPC throttle assignment for the Aerosoft Airbus extended. Somehow the bus doesn't understands the throttle assignment.

Therefor I would like to use the standard P3D throttle assignment for the Aerosoft bus and the FSUIPC throttle assignment for all other aircraft.

Egbert

Is it possible (using aircraft specific profiles) to use FSUIPC for throttle axis assigment  for some aircraft but for other aircraft to use the default throttle assigment in P3D?

Yes, but don't enable controllers in P3D. Just assign always in FSUIPC. Assign to "FS control" not direct to FSUIPC calibration, and don't try calibrating in FSUIPC -- it's the calibration which causes the controls to miss being seen by the Airbus, or worse being seen twice with differing values.

Assigning to the FS control in FSUIPC is identical in effect to assigning to the same in P3D itself.

Pete

• Initially I had selected 'Throttle 1 Set' from the list, instead of 'Axis Throttle 1 Set'

The first confuses the Aerosoft bus also, 2nd one works like a charm.

Yes, the default FS assignment uses the Axis set of controls. They do occur earlier in the drop down. The older Throttle N Set controls are the ones normally used by FSUIPC after calibration -- they are the only ones which have a reverse range. The Axis... ones run from -16384 for idle through to 16383 for full thrust, but no reverse zone at all. The (better IMHO) Throttle N Set controls run from -16384 full reverse -- though more usually limited to around -4096 for 25% by the aircraft model-- through idle at 0 to full thrust, again at +16383.

Pete