The simFlight Network Forums

annunciators ?

hello

sorry for the daft quetion but

i wonderd if anyone knows how to phisicaly connect fsuipc to the annunciators on my 737 overhead panel.I have found the offsets mapings in the docs but there i am stuck i am not a programer so software is just double dutch to me. i have got all the switches and rotory switches working with fsuipc and leo bodnar boards. I have an open cockpits usb output card so i guese my quetion should be how do i get fsuipc to talk to the usb output card to get the lights to come on

i wonderd if anyone knows how to phisicaly connect fsuipc to the annunciators on my 737 overhead panel.

FSUIPC is not a hardware driver. It accepts joystick and button inputs which follow Windows standard joystick interface, but there is no standard interface for output -- displays, indicators and so on. That all depends on what the device actually does, how it is connected, what Windows drivers are installed for it.

To make any indicator display work you need 

1. A physical connection supported by a driver which Windows recognises.

2. A program to read the FS values to be displayed, and send them to the device using whatever protocol or methods have been implemented in the driver for that device.

I have an open cockpits usb output card so i guese my quetion should be how do i get fsuipc to talk to the usb output card to get the lights to come on

Doesn't the OpenCockpits board come with software, a driver, or any instructions? If it simply interfaces the device to Windows as a HID device ("Human Interface Device", then it could probably be driven from FSUIPC by a Lua plug-in program using the HID facilities in the COM library. But this would certainly need investigation into precisely which bits and bytes do what, and then writing a program.

Pete

thank you very much for replying so fast pete.

ah if fsuipc hasnt any outputs im sunk then.

Yes the open cocpits card has software sort of its the sioc script thingy they use for thier hardware. but i would need two master cards to make it work. may be i could get them installed and still use fsuipc for the switches. I use the oc4bav3 software from roar kristensen instead of the sioc at the moment becawse i am useing pmdg 737 in the p3dv3.1 sim and the sioc is old & out of date & of course i cant write scripts

Yes the open cocpits card has software sort of its the sioc script thingy they use for thier hardware. but i would need two master cards to make it work. may be i could get them installed and still use fsuipc for the switches. I use the oc4bav3 software from roar kristensen instead of the sioc at the moment becawse i am useing pmdg 737 in the p3dv3.1 sim and the sioc is old & out of date & of course i cant write scripts

I know nothing about OpenCockpits hardware or SIOC, but the latter has plenty of users and you should be able to find help with the scripts. Try the cockpit builders forums over on MyCockpit (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums)

Pete