The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with MakeRunways 4.6.9.4

Hi Pete,

recently, I ran into a problem with MakeRunways and P3Dv3:

I am relying onto its output for a project of mine where I read the contents of "g5.csv" into my own database. The airport LEPA ("Mallorca Evolution") from Aerosoft comes with its own AFX file and its contents are correctly recognized within P3D and GSX, so there shouldn't be any problem there. But the output from MakeRunways doesn't seem to read the AFX file from the LEPA Addon, but only the one from the stock airport leading to my own database not being in line with the simulator.

"Runways.txt" shows the stock airport file being read with all the runways, parking spots and so on,

Airport LEPA :N39:33:06.0100  E002:44:19.7105  24ft
          Country Name="Spain"
          State Name=""
          City Name="Palma De Mallorca"
          Airport Name="Palma De Mallorca"
          in file: Scenery\0602\scenery\APX48170.bgl

Runway 6L/24R centre: N39:33:17.3480  E002:43:37.0312  24ft

but for the Addon file it only reports this:

=============================================================================
Area.149 "Lepa Terrain" (Layer=149)
Path(Local/Remote)=C:\Flightsim\Prepar3D v3\aerosoft\LEPA_EVO_TERRAIN\scenery

Area.150 "Lepa Airport" (Layer=150)
Path(Local/Remote)=C:\Flightsim\Prepar3D v3\aerosoft\LEPA_EVO_AIRPORT\Scenery

So, there doesn't seem to be any reading from the Addon AFX file "\LEPA_EVO_AIRPORT\Scenery\AFX_LEPA_P3D_04.bgl" which is correctly used by P3D and GSX.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this? Maybe I am dumb on this, but I cannot figure out, what is going on there  :???: .

Thanks in advance!

All the best, Benny

The currently supported version of MakeRunways is 4.696.

Nevertheless, the Airport Facilities BGL in your LEPA add-on evidently doesn't have a BGL wuch has these details in a form recognised by FSUIPC.

I have the Aerosoft Palma airport too, but only for FSX (though I use it in P3D too). The entries in the Scenery CFG here are

[Area.210]
Title=LEPA_EVO_TERRAIN
Local=E:\FSX\aerosoft\LEPA_EVO_TERRAIN
Layer=210
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.211]
Title=LEPA_EVO_AIRPORT
Local=E:\FSX\aerosoft\LEPA_EVO_AIRPORT
Layer=211
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

and the resulting entries in the Runways.TXT file, the main log, are 4-fold:

Area.210 "LEPA_EVO_TERRAIN" (Layer=210)
Path(Local/Remote)=E:\FSX\aerosoft\LEPA_EVO_TERRAIN

Area.211 "LEPA_EVO_AIRPORT" (Layer=211)
Path(Local/Remote)=E:\FSX\aerosoft\LEPA_EVO_AIRPORT
E:\FSX\aerosoft\LEPA_EVO_AIRPORT\scenery\AFX_LEPA_20.BGL
Deletions check for Airport LEPA:
          Delete all taxiways!

Delete all runways and starts!

*** DelBth *** LEPA0061 Lat 39.547138 Long 2.710691 Alt 24 Hdg 59 Len 10720 Wid 148 ILS 110.90, Flags: GS DME BC

*** DelBth *** LEPA0062 Lat 39.541378 Long 2.731988 Alt 24 Hdg 59 Len 9836 Wid 148

*** DelBth *** LEPA0241 Lat 39.555462 Long 2.761831 Alt 24 Hdg 239 Len 9836 Wid 148 ILS 109.30, Flags: GS DME BC

*** DelBth *** LEPA0242 Lat 39.562496 Long 2.743215 Alt 24 Hdg 239 Len 10720 Wid 148 ILS 109.90, Flags: GS DME BC

Delete all helipads!
          Delete all taxiways!

COM: Delete all frequencies!
E:\FSX\aerosoft\LEPA_EVO_AIRPORT\scenery\AFX_LESB_04.bgl
Deletions check for Airport LESB:
          Delete all taxiways!

Delete all runways and starts!

*** DelBth *** LESB0060 Lat 39.596565 Long 2.697772 Alt 135 Hdg 60 Len 3281 Wid 72

*** DelBth *** LESB0240 Lat 39.601204 Long 2.707784 Alt 135 Hdg 240 Len 3281 Wid 72

Delete all helipads!
          Delete all taxiways!

COM: Delete all frequencies!
E:\FSX\aerosoft\LEPA_EVO_AIRPORT\scenery\AFX_LEPA_20.BGL

Airport LEPA :N39:33:06.7875  E002:44:18.1318  24ft
          Country Name="Spain"
          State Name=""
          City Name="Palma De Mallorca"
          Airport Name="Palma De Mallorca"
          in file: E:\FSX\aerosoft\LEPA_EVO_AIRPORT\scenery\AFX_LEPA_20.BGL

Runway 6L/24R centre: N39:33:17.3480  E002:43:37.0602  24ft

et cetera (it's a very large entry so I've not included it all).

The main difference is the inclusion of "\scenery" in the paths you have in your SCENERY.CFG file. I'm sure that should NOT be there. Paths in the Scenery.CFG file should always be to the folder which contains the Scenery and Texture folders..

Pete

The main difference is the inclusion of "\scenery" in the paths you have in your SCENERY.CFG file. I'm sure that should NOT be there. Paths in the Scenery.CFG file should always be to the folder which contains the Scenery and Texture folders..

Pete

And you are, as always, spot on  :cool: . I didn't even notice, that the scenery folder was included, while it was not at the other entries. And I guess MakeRunways uses the path in the scenery.cfg and adds its own "\scenery\" to it, so it was now searching in the directory "scenery\scenery\", which obviously doesn't exist. Corrected that and MakeRunways produced the correct g5 file. But I really don't know why the installer put it there in the first place  :???: .

Nevertheless, thanks for your help...highly appreciated.

And you are, as always, spot on  :cool: . I didn't even notice, that the scenery folder was included, while it was not at the other entries. And I guess MakeRunways uses the path in the scenery.cfg and adds its own "\scenery\" to it

Yes, but so does Flight Sim! You'll find that, if you ever try adding scenery layers to the library using the FS dialogue instead of allowing an installer to do it. The path should ALWAYs be to the folder above, the one containing both Scenery and Texture sub-folders.

In fact I am VERY surprised that FS/P3D doesn't object to the path -- and I would have fully expect it not to load the scenery. Seems it might be more flexible that anyone gives it credit for.

Best report the installer's wrong entry in the CFG file to Aerosoft. It must only apply to the P3D version, because it didn't happen here!

Pete