The simFlight Network Forums

WideClient stopped connecting

Hi All,

This one is totally all my fault. I was trying for the last 3 days to get ASN working on my client. I haven't been unsuccessful and gave up. Up until this point WideFS was working solidly.

I decided to install ASN on main FS server and then Wide Client stopped connecting after ASN was installed. 

I Iooked and looked to see what could have caused the issue but I'm out of ideas. Posting several short logs in hopes someone may notice something I havent and give me an idea where else to look. 

I'm a bit frustrated and hope some one can point me in the right direction.

All the best,

Ed

wideclient.txt

This one is totally all my fault. I was trying for the last 3 days to get ASN working on my client. I haven't been unsuccessful and gave up. Up until this point WideFS was working solidly.

I decided to install ASN on main FS server and then Wide Client stopped connecting after ASN was installed. 

WideClient and ASN are totally independent and disconnected. The only possible way you could have affected it with any SimConnect settings is by selecting the same Ports for your SimConnect connection as WideFS -- 8002 and/or 9002. To do that you would have had to put one or other of those port numbers into SimConnect files on both the FS PC and your client PC.

But then, if you did that, it would have stopped working when you tried to put ASN on the Client, not on the Server.

From the Logs you supplied it looks like the Client is simply awaiting broadcast details from the Server. For that to work both PCs need to be in the same Windows workgroup. Are they?

You could also try putting the ServerIPAddr and Protocol parameters into the WideClient.INI file, so it isn't dependent on the broadcasts. See the User Guide.

Pete