The simFlight Network Forums

X55 radiobuttons

Would like to know whether it is possible to configurate the two radio buttons (RTY3 en RTY4) in FSUIPC. They do show up as AXIS in FSUIPC.

Sorry, do you mean they show up as axes in the Axis Calibration tab, not as buttons or switches? Are they simple on/off buttons, or do they have a range of values or several different ones?

If they look like axes it is because that's how the driver for them has defined them. What values are shown in FSUIPC for them?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your quick respons (as always)....

They don,t show up as buttons or switches....

Send you three photo,s. One is of the position of the knobs on the X55. The other two are the two values that occur when I turn the knob fully.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Anton Will van Zoelen

post-89355-0-93372600-1460627230.jpg

post-89355-0-34382600-1460627231.jpg

post-89355-0-71295000-1460627231.jpg

They don,t show up as buttons or switches....

Send you three photo,s. One is of the position of the knobs on the X55. The other two are the two values that occur when I turn the knob fully.

That shows a minimum of -16384 and a maximum of +16383. Do they show values in between as you turn them? If so, then, yes, they ARE Axes and you can assign them directly to any variable values (axes) in FS.  They are pots exactly as fitted inside most joystick levers (though some times these are optical).

If they only have those two values, the max and min, then they MIGHT be axes all the same, but configured in the driver to be digital axes -- on or off. That can usually be fixed.

So, now we know they are seen in the correct place, what is the problem you have?

Pete

The values change when I turn the knobs. How can I connect them to COM en NAV and change the values in FSX.

No easy way. Radio frequencies are not continuous and the numbers you get from an axis is not predictable enough. 

You would have been better off with a two way button. What you can do with an axis is assign to normal frequency increment and decrement controls on the right-hand side of the axis assignments tab in FSUIPC. Assign the increment control to the UP direction and the decrement to the DOWN direction, with the whole range selected for the action, and "repeat" selected. How well that would work I don't know -- you might find it changes them too fast to select a specific frequency, or conversely it changes too slowly and you run out of turning space on the knobs before getting to the minimum or maximum allowed frquencies.

If you want to try, the cntrols to use would be 

COM radio whole inc

COM radio whole dec

COM stby radio whole decrease

COM stby radio whole increase

COM2 radio whole inc

COM2 radio whole dec

NAV1 radio whole inc

NAV1 radio whole dec

NAV2 radio whole inc

NAV2 radio whole dec

ADF1 whole inc