The simFlight Network Forums

yoke recenter problem

hey

my name is nir and i bought the full version of fsuipc. today i was trying to calibrate my yoke (goflight pro) and when i tried it was always going back to the center of the axis

is there anything that i can do to make it stop?

please help

best regards

Nir levy

(p.s: the controllers are disabled) 

4 minutes ago, Nir levy said:

my name is nir and i bought the full version of fsuipc. today i was trying to calibrate my yoke (goflight pro) and when i tried it was always going back to the center of the axis

is there anything that i can do to make it stop?

So, you are assigning in FSUIPC, and you've disabled controllers completely in FS?

When you say "always going back to centre", what exactly do you mean? Is this in the calibration tab in FSUIPC, or in FS? Can you move the FS aileron and elevator surfaces with the yoke? If you let the yoke go, the springs or elastic bands will take it back to centre -- you don't fly "hands off" without autopilot.

Pete

1 minute ago, Pete Dowson said:

So, you are assigning in FSUIPC, and you've disabled controllers completely in FS?

When you say "always going back to centre", what exactly do you mean? Is this in the calibration tab in FSUIPC, or in FS? Can you move the FS aileron and elevator surfaces with the yoke? If you let the yoke go, the springs or elastic bands will take it back to centre -- you don't fly "hands off" without autopilot.

Pete

when i am saying it is always going back to center it is when for example i am turning my aliron hard right and keeping it like that but in the virtual yoke is going back to the center 

i disabled the controllers in fs completely and  i used the calibration tab in fsuipc

BTW i am also having a hard  time to set my rudder brakes and the view pan axis

Nir levy

8 minutes ago, Nir levy said:

when i am saying it is always going back to center it is when for example i am turning my aliron hard right and keeping it like that but in the virtual yoke is going back to the center 

Okay. Then idomething else is doing it.

8 minutes ago, Nir levy said:

i disabled the controllers in fs completely and  i used the calibration tab in fsuipc

In that case, WHERE are you assigning the controls, and what to?

FSUIPC can calibrate even if you leave controllers assigned and enabled in FS. You only need to disable controllers in FS if you are assigning in FSUIPC, otherwise the two will conflict. If you haven't assigned them anywhere at all, then they won't work -- unless you've installed an external driver for them which works directly. Did you say they were GoFlight? If so, perhaps you are using their driver? I think you have to sort things out there if so.

Pete

1 minute ago, Nir levy said:

how i can set upthe rudder brakes in fsuipc ?

Assign them, do you mean?  Do you have trouble finding the correct assignment, or what

If they are analogue axes, assign in Axis Assignment to Axis left brake set and Axis right brake set.  If they are just on/off buttons, assign in Buttons to Brakes left and Brakes right. Not so hard. The controls are mostly nsmed for what they do!

5 minutes ago, Nir levy said:

and how do i setup the pan view?

Assign in Axis assignments to the oddly named control called "Pan view". Strange, eh? ;-)

Pete

i did the rudderr brakes but when i realese them the are still on brakes

how i can press the brakes without them getting stuck in the brakes mode?

also i tried to do the master autopilot button on the yoke but i coldent found it on fsuipc.what ive found was autopilot on\off and they both dont work

Nir levy

Edited by Nir levy

Hi,

you didn't say which FS you use and what aircraft you want to assign those controls to. E.g. the Autopilot On/Off control works ok with stock aircrafts. Do you use maybe an addon aircraft that that doesn't allow the controls set via FSUIPC and also controls like Autopilot On/ Off wouldn't work because they use other commands?

51 minutes ago, Nir levy said:

i did the rudderr brakes but when i realese them the are still on brake

If they are analogue brakes, then this is most likely because they are reversed. Nearly all the toe brakes I know are full on when released, full off when fully depressed. Just use the REV facility in calibration.

also i tried to do the master autopilot button on the yoke but i coldent found it on fsuipc.what ive found was autopilot on\off and they both dont work

"couldn't find it"? What what is wrong with "AP MASTER"? That operates the FS default A/P master switch. If you are using an add-on aircraft, you probably need to refer to its documentation. For FSUIPC always test on a default aircraft. ALL of the systems controlled by FS controls operate on FS aircraft, but not all work on add-on aircraft, especially the more sophisticated ones which do their own things entirely.

Pete

17 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

"couldn't find it"? What what is wrong with "AP MASTER"? 

i want to do it in fsuipc because i have a ovlrloade devices problem in fsx on windows 8.1 and i t is always disconcerting so i want to configure it so it will be available

also,i tried to configure my 737 TQ and in the axis assignment i moved my spoliers axis my flaps axis and the engine throttle axis .and i put the spoilers on spoilers set,flaps set,and throttle 1 & 2 set,  and when igot back to fsx (pmdg 737-800NGX) the axis didn't worked

do you know maybe why and how to fix it?

i want to do it in fsuipc because i have a ovlrloade devices problem in fsx on windows 8.1 and i t is always disconcerting so i want to configure it so it will be available

also,i tried to configure my 737 TQ and in the axis assignment i moved my spoliers axis my flaps axis and the engine throttle axis .and i put the spoilers on spoilers set,flaps set,and throttle 1 & 2 set,  and when igot back to fsx (pmdg 737-800NGX) the axis didn't worked

do you know maybe why and how to fix it?

AP Master is assignable in FSUIPC! All FS controls, plus others added by FSUIPC, are assignable in FSUIPC! It provides a big superset of controls! There's a complete list if FS controls supported in the FSUIPC documents folder.

Your second question is very confused. Which axis didn't work? You need to try to be clearer.

Also the PMDG 737 and 777 addons do not use the FS autopilot, they implement their own. You will probably need to use whatever keystrokes they assign -- or the custom controls they have provided and listed in their SDK, which is installed with the aircraft I think. And for some of your questions you'd really be better off in the PMDG support forum.

Pete

9 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Your second question is very confused. Which axis didn't work? You need to try to be clearer.

I was trying to configure my 737 TQ spoilers in the assignment axis, i out this axis on spoilers set in the axis options and when i got back to the aircraft the spoilers wont work

(even in a default one)

my controls where disabled and the TQ dosnt have a driver (even when i deleted the assignment in fsuipc and got back to fsx default options it wont work)

do you know maybe why it didn't work in fsuipc?

Nir

The Axis controls assigned in FSUIPC are EXACTLY those assignable in FS itself. If you don't calibrate then they are simply sent to FS and act EXACTLY THE SAME. If you have calibrated , check what you've done there.

Note that you must test spoiler axis operation in the air. FS deploys full spoilers if it sees any input when on the ground.

Pete