The simFlight Network Forums

Would help to see the schedule

Avwriter

While we wait for Real Traffic, it would be very helpful if Vic/Feel There could post the default schedule for each airport, or at least a chart showing how many flights for each hour/airport.   The fake schedules do not seem to even attempt to approximate the typical flow of real world schedules, making it difficult to anticipate what time to select for a desired traffic level.  

I know he said all time are local and they are as for the time of day but I don't think the Schedules are.  I have been playing LAX at 00:00 and it is midnight but there is a ton of traffic.  When I first got it I was setting it to something link 10:00 or 09:00  and I got one plane in an hour.  I have no idea what LAX 's real traffic is but I doubt they have more planes at 00:00 than they to at 10:00.

14 minutes ago, mpatricksp said:

I know he said all time are local and they are as for the time of day but I don't think the Schedules are.  I have been playing LAX at 00:00 and it is midnight but there is a ton of traffic.  When I first got it I was setting it to something link 10:00 or 09:00  and I got one plane in an hour.  I have no idea what LAX 's real traffic is but I doubt they have more planes at 00:00 than they to at 10:00.

I was actually wondering exactly the same thing, but it seemed so bizarre that I discounted it.  Perhaps you are right.  I hope that Vic will offer some clarification.  If what you say is the case, I hope that Real Traffic will not suffer from the same problem.  Speaking of Real Traffic, we need it like yesterday.  These fake airlines are driving me crazy, but I digress...

In that case, please let me suggest a very handy feature.   Automatically display the number of scheduled ops per hour as the user scrolls through the starting times on the main menu page.  This way, one could quickly get an idea of the traffic level for each time being considered.