The simFlight Network Forums

The Scoring System

Avwriter

I know that it is already established that there are some problems with it, along with a large number of opinions about how it should ideally work.  I do not want to get into all of that but did want to point out that without a detailed explanation of what exactly points are deducted for, it makes it very difficult to even evaluate what is working and what is not working with it.  One issue that I am particularly sensitive to is that it only seems to point out some of the deductions.  That is to say that sometimes I will get a red message at the bottom of the screen, but other times I will see points deducted without that message, and also without any notation in the history window either.  This is particularly common of errors given when one plane is landing on the one side of LAX and another is departing or lining up on the other side of the airport.  Is that intended behavior, or a potential bug?  I have no way to tell?  It would also be nice to have a checkbox on the main menu to turn off the scoring.  Not a huge priority, but surely this would be simple enough to do