The simFlight Network Forums

Programming saitek controllers?

Hi,

I was just wondering whether I could program my saitek controllers with fsuipc without rescripting the lua because if I did, I would break it, or do it wrong and waste time! My LINDA is playing up, so that's not working anyway. I am wanting to set the knob on the multipanel to a rudder/ nose wheel steering axis, as I would like to make a nose wheel tiller. Is this possible to do using fsuipc?

Thanks a lot

Harry Karmel

5 hours ago, Hark1 said:

I was just wondering whether I could program my saitek controllers with fsuipc without rescripting the lua because if I did, I would break it, or do it wrong and waste time!

Rescripting what Lua?  I certainly do not supply any Lua plug-ins for any controllers. Why do you need scripts? Why not just assign normally?

5 hours ago, Hark1 said:

My LINDA is playing up, so that's not working anyway.

LINDA is not supported here. You need their Forum I think. I don't know it at all.

I am wanting to set the knob on the multipanel to a rudder/ nose wheel steering axis, as I would like to make a nose wheel tiller. Is this possible to do using fsuipc? 

Yes, and easily if the "knob" is seen as an assignable axis in FSUIPC.  I don't know what the knob looks like to FSUIPC. If it's detectable only as a pair of buttons you'd need to program it for INC and DEC type actions using controls.

Pete

OK thanks! I will try it, but when I press a button on any of the saitek panels it doesn't see it as a button pressed but I will try again.

P.S. I mentioned lua as I have seen it in other posts but it probably looked so complicated because it was irrelevant!

Thanks 

48 minutes ago, Hark1 said:

OK thanks! I will try it, but when I press a button on any of the saitek panels it doesn't see it as a button pressed but I will try again.

Ah, it probably needs a driver. Isn't there something called "SPAD" which does that?

Pete