The simFlight Network Forums

Windows 10

1 hour ago, UC1 said:

MOVED FROM FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET SUBFORUM!

Will Wide FS work with Windows 10.?I tried installing it,but there are no INI files,in Fuspic or Wide FS.I have purchased  both.

Please post general and FSUIPC/WideFS support questions here, in the Support Forum proper, not in a Subforum not relevant to your question.

Windows 10 makes no difference to FSUIPC or WideFS. But perhaps you are under some misunderstanding? What are you "installing", exactly? And is this for FSX, P3D or some old version of FS? It is very relevant!

For FSX and P3D there is only one component of WideFS you need -- that is WideClient.EXE which is "installed" by simply putting it somewhere convenient on the Client PC -- i.e. the Networked PC, not the FS one. It will make a default INI file the first time it is run, along with a Log file.

Pete

Thank you Pete.I am running two HP 500 series with windows ten.One has FSX Gold and  two monitors,and the other one just FSC.

I have FSUIPC 4 Ver.9.53.and Wide FS installed,and registered on the fsx one.When I attempt to connect to fsx I get the msg#2>.Both computers are on a home wifi network.

By the network PC,do you mean the FSC one.I put WideClient.exe in the fsx one,and if I click on it,I get the white page(Waiting to connect),

but nothing happens.Not sure if this makes sense.L

15 minutes ago, UC1 said:

I have FSUIPC 4 Ver.9.53

That version is not supported. The currently supported version is 4.955c.

When I attempt to connect to fsx I get the msg#2>

Sorry, how do you "attempt to connect"? And what is "msg#2>"?

.I put WideClient.exe in the fsx one

So what do you expect it to connect to? What are you running on the client PC (the one NOT running FS) apart from FSC? How do you expect it to connect with no software to do so?

Why didn't you read my last reply, and in particular the part

"  ... WideClient.EXE which is "installed" by simply putting it somewhere convenient on the Client PC -- i.e. the Networked PC, not the FS one.  "

ot sure if this makes sense

No nothing you've told me so far makes sense. Sorry.

Please PLEASE do read at least some of the WideFS documentation supplied! 

Pete