The simFlight Network Forums

JFK

achilles1971

11 minutes ago, achilles1971 said:

There's alot of cargo gates in JFK which is a good thing, but you should have created at least 2 or 3 different terminals such cargo_north, cargo_south,etc...

Indeed.  I really miss having the editing tools that were available in Tower2011, as it made it easy to customize such things to one's own liking.  I love that they simplified the process for modifying schedules, and that we can still change parking assignments and such.  Being able to tinker with things is fully half the fun of a game like this.  Is there any chance that the Pro version will give us more expanded opportunities for tinkering?

Is there any chance that the Pro version will give us more expanded opportunities for tinkering?

Unfortunately not likely. Creating an airport for T!3D requires much more than it was for T!2011. Also by the time we begun working on the exporter (in fact we don't even have an exporter tool we use the source to do that) there was not a single developer who released any airports for T!2011 so we thought there is no demand. Since we got about 3 developers who are developing T!2011 airports and 2 of them already told us they will be releasing 3D airports for T!3D too. We will work them closely but a public editor is unlikely at this moment. It may change in the future but as much as I'm sorry to say that it's not up to a vote or anything. It would be a major major job. Likely it will see the next version of Tower!XXX. Please let's not start an argument about it, we understand your point but we need to give reasonable goals to us too.

Thanks for answering, Vic.  For what it is worth, I am I'm not trying to argue with you, or to give you a hard time in any way.  I never have, and I hope you know that.  Perhaps I may come across as passionate at times, but basically that is because I really enjoy and respect what you have created here.  Alas, one of the byproducts of this, is that I keep seeing its potential grow, and thus it leaves me wanting more.  From your perspective, that should be a good thing, even if it is occasionally annoying ;-)   Peace.

P.S. I did not mean to hijack the thread, or to take attention from the original poster's question...

20 hours ago, Avwriter said:

Thanks for answering, Vic.  For what it is worth, I am I'm not trying to argue with you, or to give you a hard time in any way.  I never have, and I hope you know that.  Perhaps I may come across as passionate at times, but basically that is because I really enjoy and respect what you have created here.  Alas, one of the byproducts of this, is that I keep seeing its potential grow, and thus it leaves me wanting more.  From your perspective, that should be a good thing, even if it is occasionally annoying ;-)   Peace.

P.S. I did not mean to hijack the thread, or to take attention from the original poster's question...

I didn't take it in a wrong way I just wanted to give a clear explanation :)