The simFlight Network Forums

KFJK Problems

ernuwieder

Hi there,
here is a list of problems / bugs, they i have found on KFJK.

1. Some type of airplanes dont lift off after take off on rwy 4L. The nose come up, but the plane slide over the rwy and further into the environment. After that, they also not visible on adis.
2. Air collision alert -500 pts before they are in range and the message ".....with you rwy XYZ" cames up. So there is no chance to handle the planes before i get -500 pts.
3. At some exits after landing the planes stop too late and block an taxiway.
4. Some planes dont found the stop point on apron, so they drive into the building and drives circle after circle.
5. After a plane comes up and ready to taxi, after 1 - 2 minutes the same plane at the same apron comes up twice under the same character. (seen by VIR4)

Do not misunderstand, this is no grumbling. Maybe there is something that FT has not heard about.

Greetings

Edited by ernuwieder

24 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

It's a Nyerges Design issue, he needs to change the takeoff length for those planes. Please always make sure to always update his Real Traffic as he is adjusting these values with each new release.

Thanks.  I will post it on his Facebook page.  This was with the newest version.

3 hours ago, FeelThere said:

It's a Nyerges Design issue, he needs to change the takeoff length for those planes. Please always make sure to always update his Real Traffic as he is adjusting these values with each new release.

Now that I think about it, I honestly wonder if it would not be better to just get rid of varied runway limitations in the game altogether, instead just use a single default standard for all planes.  Then, users who wish to play more realistically can simply use their own judgement when assigning runways.  I recall that Tower2011 also regularly suffered from problems with this issue too (though in that case the user could easily fix it himself with the editor).  In reality, the required runway length for a specific plane is actually quite complex, depending on factors of airport altitude, outside temp and humidity, and of course how heavily a given plane is loaded for a given flight, which can vary widely.  So if such things are not to be simulated anyway, then why create an unnecessary complication?  Just my 2 cents :-)

3 hours ago, Avwriter said:

Now that I think about it, I honestly wonder if it would not be better to just get rid of varied runway limitations in the game altogether, instead just use a single default standard for all planes.  Then, users who wish to play more realistically can simply use their own judgement when assigning runways.  I recall that Tower2011 also regularly suffered from problems with this issue too (though in that case the user could easily fix it himself with the editor).  In reality, the required runway length for a specific plane is actually quite complex, depending on factors of airport altitude, outside temp and humidity, and of course how heavily a given plane is loaded for a given flight, which can vary widely.  So if such things are not to be simulated anyway, then why create an unnecessary complication?  Just my 2 cents :-)

Something to suggest Gabor @Nyerges Design :)

I disagree with a standard approach. If the Cessnas of our simulated world had the same performance as our 777s that would be ridiculous.  I prefer to let Gabor adjust things for us, if an aircraft does something strange if we tell him I'm sure he will fix it with the next patch, we are on SP6 already so he does work hard to make things better for us 3D fans.