The simFlight Network Forums

Profile feature question

Hi

I  have multiple controls attached to my sim pc Like a joystick for helicopters and regular throttle quadrant for other aircraft. Is it possible to create diffirent profiles for diff aircraft that enable the correct flight control for the correct aircraft and disable the others not needed for that aircraft without having to constantly unplug and plug in devices each time I make a switch to a different kind of aircraft?

thx Lee

31 minutes ago, dental1 said:

I  have multiple controls attached to my sim pc Like a joystick for helicopters and regular throttle quadrant for other aircraft. Is it possible to create diffirent profiles for diff aircraft that enable the correct flight control for the correct aircraft and disable the others not needed for that aircraft without having to constantly unplug and plug in devices each time I make a switch to a different kind of aircraft?

Yes, of course. That is really the main point of Profiles.  Provided all your assignments are made in FSUIPC, none in FS, then there is no need to disable any controls or disconnect any. Just don't assign them in the profiles in which they are not to be used.

Be sure, however, to use Joystick Letters to identify them (see the chapter on this in the User Guide). That way they stay with the sme assignments even if they do get disconnected.

Axes and Calibrations only apply to the Profile they are made in. General ones are ignored when in a profile.

It is a little different with Button and Keypress assignments. You can have a set of general assignments which apply all the time EXCEPT when overridden by different assignments in the current profile. This makes sense for buttons and keys because if they are not pressed then have no effect in any case, but this cannot be allowed for axes and calibrations as those may interfere with normal flying. Such controls always have a "position" (with some, even when disconnected, because some drivers send back an extreme value, as from a broken joystick).

Pete