The simFlight Network Forums

Ok, so I'm thick....purchasing

Hello All.

I am sure I used this great proram 3-4 yrs ago, before I took ill. Now I've forgotten completely what to do. I'm trying to get plan-g to marry up with FSX.  It looks as though I have to purchase the FSUIPC, 

and the within file wide 7.  I also need to buy the FSClient.  It is being advertised as a bundle

but I cannot get it to show at the pay counter.  It shows just one or the other, but I need both apparently.

How do I put both on the counter so to speak, and pay for it as a bundle.

Thank you for any help I receive.

Jim,ZL2BMH

47 minutes ago, zl2bmh said:

I am sure I used this great proram 3-4 yrs ago, before I took ill. Now I've forgotten completely what to do. I'm trying to get plan-g to marry up with FSX.  It looks as though I have to purchase the FSUIPC, 

and the within file wide 7.  I also need to buy the FSClient.  It is being advertised as a bundle

I don't have a program called "FSClient". Do you mean WideClient, the remote part of WideFS?

48 minutes ago, zl2bmh said:

but I cannot get it to show at the pay counter.  It shows just one or the other, but I need both apparently.

How do I put both on the counter so to speak, and pay for it as a bundle.

Why do you need both? WideFS supports FSUIPC applications on a separate computer. It doesn't need a registered FSUIPC to work with. And FSUIPC supports applications on the main FS PC without registration.

Purchase of FSUIPC is only necessary if you want to use any of its user facilities or plug-in capabilities, not for application support which has always been free.

Anyway, the package deal is on both the FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 purcjase pages. Just select the package where is says "Select Package" just below the picture icon top left. The selection to the right of those words contains the bundle which you select.

Anyway, I think you need to read more of the PanG manual. It just downloaded it to take a look (I've never used PlanG). For FSX PlanG doesn't need either FSUIPC or WideFS to work over a Network, it can use SimConnect which is preferred. It's up to you. If you are likely to want to use FSUIPC/WideFS for other things, go for it. But I'd always check the actual needs first if I were you.

Pete

Hello Pete.

Blame the medication, I am !!!!, thanks very much for your reply Pete.  I was getting so confused,

late in the afternoon and all that.

I really appreciate what you have said, and I understand.  I just felt FSUIPC played an important part years

ago, obviously I was wrong.

Thank you once again.

Jim zl2bmh.