The simFlight Network Forums

Relatinship of FSX-SE Sim Connect & Fsuipc4.958

I recently left home on a five month trip.  I took my MSI laptop with me so I could spend some quality flight siming time.  Days before departure, I had a 500gb SSD hard drive installed into my laptop and moved the old smaller SSD to another drive.  Then, I don't know why I agreed, I let them install Windows 10, the latest addition.  What a shock how that turned out.  (I will keep Windows 7 on my home PC to the last day.  I have every thing working now except my old MSFSX program.  I didn't have the installation discs, and I ended up installing FSX SE.  I installed and ran without problems both the PMDG 737-NGX and the Mystic Dash 8.  Both have flown fine.  Yesterday, I installed the Eaglesoft Citation X.  I had a few things like Reverse Thrust, Co-pilots radios and the ILS approach link not linking with the Auto Pilot Approach although with the AP off I I was able to hand fly it.  Then I read a forum thread which said FSX-SE didnot work with FSSUIPC4, and they said that in the Legacy Interfaces Folder you needed to install simconnect.msi into the FSX SP1, FSX-X Pack and FSX RTM folders.  Later in the evening I was Googllng all over the .net, and they said to Install FSUIPC4.958 as that was an updated program for linking with FSX-SE.  So my question is should I delete Sim Connect and only use your program or leave both programs to fight it out.  I'm about ready to email a neighbor and have them go to my home study and send me my discs to reinstall MSFSX.  Radar Contact, my weather programs, and terrian programs seem to be working fine.  Any comments or advise will be appreciated.  Mike Nicholson

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

Then I read a forum thread which said FSX-SE didnot work with FSSUIPC4

Well, that's not right!

and they said that in the Legacy Interfaces Folder you needed to install simconnect.msi into the FSX SP1, FSX-X Pack and FSX RTM folders.

No. That's where they are already. Run run them from there, assuming you don't have a Simconnect installed already. If you've been running other add-ons like the 737NGX you already has Simconnect installed.

and they said to Install FSUIPC4.958 as that was an updated program for linking with FSX-SE. 

Ah, if you were using an out of date version of FSUIPC4 then of course it won't work with a later version of FS!  How could it be made to work with anything unknown when the version you were trying to use was made?

You ALWAYS need to check for the latest version of FSUIPC. Older versions will NEVER work properly with later editions of FS (or P3D) -- things change each time! And note that anything older than the current release is not supported in any case.

So my question is should I delete Sim Connect and only use your program or leave both programs to fight it out.

SimConnect is part of FSX-SE, as it was always part of FSX. You can't "remove it". And if you try to remove the SimConnect.dlls you presumably installed (or which were installed in any case) you will probably wreck things, even possibly necessitating a later Windows reinstall if you ever want to use virtually any FS add-on.

FSUIPC depends entirely upon the SimConnect part of FSX, FSX-SE and P3D. SimConnect is a fundamental part which provides the interface for many many add-ons! The DLL's you installed are simply the interface to SimConnect, which actually is embedded in many of the parts of FSX in the FSX folder -- the other DLLs, each responsible for different aspects of the Simulation, and each of which provides some of the functionality of SimConnect and thence addons like FSUIPC and others.

Pete