The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Causes P3D Failure

Major problem with the latest version of P3D (HF2) and latest version of fsuipc. P3D now stops loading shortly after the splash screen (I never get to the scenario setup window). It worked the first time I launched, but thereafter it always hangs.  It's running in the task manager though.  I can disable fsuipc in dll.xml and everything works. The only workaround I and another user have found is to install the latest version again into P3D. It will work then but thereafter upon shutting down P3D, it will revert back to the issue as stated above thus requiring yet another install. Many others also having this issue: 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/500447-the-demise-of-my-copy-of-prepar3d-in-24-hrs/?p=3535478

On 12/30/2016 at 2:13 PM, B773ER said:

The only workaround I and another user have found is to install the latest version again into P3D. It will work then but thereafter upon shutting down P3D, it will revert back to the issue as stated above thus requiring yet another install.

Sorry, but that makes no sense. Reinstalling FSUIPC does nothing. It changes nothing. Replacing FSUIPC by the same FSUIPC makes the next load completely identical.

I am using FSUIPC 4.959 with no troubles on P3D3.4 Hotfix 2 release.

Can't you at least post the log file from the Modules folder after the hang?

Pete

Next time it happens I will. Whether it makes sense or not, it happened to me yesterday and again today. A reinstall of fsuipc fixes it for a one time use. I and like others in that thread I linked to are all having the same issue. Take out the FSUIPC.dll and it works just fine. In and it goes to the task manager. When it goes directly to the task manager it says (32bit) next to the Prepar3d.exe which,  when it starts like it should does not say that.