The simFlight Network Forums

Free FSUIPC Offsets

Hi Pete,

I've revamped my flight instrument software and it now uses a lot of custom offets (about 90 so far). I wondered if you could point me to a block of addresses in FSUIPC that are currently free (say 150-200 to allow for expansion)?

I'm not after you allocating these to me as l'll never put my software on the market (it's too bespoke), but it would be useful to know that I won't be sharing offsets with other software that I might use eg vPilot.

Thanks for anything you can pass on, no worries if you can't - I'll use the first chunk of x6D88.

Regards

Ian

58 minutes ago, BAW019 said:

I'm not after you allocating these to me as l'll never put my software on the market (it's too bespoke), but it would be useful to know that I won't be sharing offsets with other software that I might use eg vPilot.

If you are not using Project Magenta, then the offsets reserved for it would be usable.

Pete

Thanks Pete, unfortunately they only seem to have 88 bytes and I need a min 90 and pref up to 200 bytes. Are there other areas I can use that won't trample over vPilot/Squawkbox/FSInn and ActiveSky? (Not sure if they all use custom offsets!).

Regards

Ian

16 minutes ago, BAW019 said:

Thanks Pete, unfortunately they only seem to have 88 bytes

88? No, PM has hundreds!  Where are you looking? Just the offsets status list? Those 88 are in the FS98 area. There are loads of reserved offsets in the extended area (FS98 only had 8192 altogether). many of which are specifically for PM.

I don't document 3rd party offsets, sorry. I forgot to mention. You need the PM offsets document. (The same applies to most of those offsets assigned to 3rd parties -- the document them themselves.

Ah, I just looked. you can only view the PM documents on their site ( www.projectmagenta.com) if you register and log in. sorry. Let me see ...

... yes, 5400-5FFF all appears to be reserved by PM. Not sure how much they actually used.

Pete