The simFlight Network Forums

How to roll back FSUIPC ?

I have a registered version of FSUIP for 1year now, yesterday i updated to latest version and after 3 flights my P3D keeps on crashing also now.

In dll.xml i put manual load and P3D is starting OK , of course without FSUIPC for now.

I can see some issues here with latest version, i just wanna wait a few weeks till issues are solved. In the mean time i would like to roll back to previous version.

I still have the download from 1 year ago, should this file bring me back to my previous FSUIPC ?

28 minutes ago, Pluto7777 said:

I have a registered version of FSUIP for 1year now, yesterday i updated to latest version and after 3 flights my P3D keeps on crashing also now.

I need to see the details, the FSUIPC4.LOG file if any and the Windows crash details.

Pete

Pete,

Sorry i did not use the right words: when launching my p3d, the p3d logo comes on then after 30 seconds where normally the select windows comes, then nothing happens, p3d disappears and i have my desktop and p3d does not come to live.

When i change to "manual" in xml.dll then it asks OK ,  with every part and when i answer NO at the FSUIPC part, then my P3D starts up without any problem, but when i say YES at FSUIPC question, then my P3D shuts down and i simply get my desktop without any warning.

So i do not know if this is a windows crash or not, anyway , where to find this data?

PS: I read about similar issues  and to re-install FSUIPC every time before i start P3D ?

Apparently it should start-up without problems, but to repeat for every start then ?

Thx

25 minutes ago, Pluto7777 said:

Sorry i did not use the right words: when launching my p3d, the p3d logo comes on then after 30 seconds where normally the select windows comes, then nothing happens, p3d disappears and i have my desktop and p3d does not come to live.

That sounds lke one of the so far inexplicable results of P3D crashing on exit instead of closing down properly. Please see the other threads on this to see things to try. There is a lot being done to identify the cause, but still more information is needed. You need to use the Windows Event viewer to get the P3D crash details.

27 minutes ago, Pluto7777 said:

When i change to "manual" in xml.dll then it asks OK ,  with every part and when i answer NO at the FSUIPC part, then my P3D starts up without any problem, but when i say YES at FSUIPC question, then my P3D shuts down and i simply get my desktop without any warning.

Yes, the typical symptom of the restart problem is that SimConnect is trying to enter FSUIPC appearently before it has loaded it. FSUIPC never gets a chance to run, so it cannot crash.

28 minutes ago, Pluto7777 said:

So i do not know if this is a windows crash or not, anyway , where to find this data?

You misunderstand,. I was NOT referring to a "windows crash" but Windows "crash data". Windows detects crshes and records them in logs which can be seen in the Event viewer.

Pete

2 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

That sounds like one of the so far inexplicable results of P3D crashing on exit instead of closing down properly. Please see the other threads on this to see things to try. There is a lot being done to identify the cause, but still more information is needed.

OK. as i said; in that case i rather prefer not to spent time in trying out all the things proposed in the threads... i prefer to sit back and wait for a general solution for this issue with this latest version. In the mean time i would like to play the sim for a couple of weeks with the previous version of FSUIPC, it ran very smooth,  I still have the download from a year ago. Should i just install it again or do i have to delete  the actual version first ?

5 minutes ago, Pluto7777 said:

I still have the download from a year ago. Should i just install it again or do i have to delete  the actual version first ?

Delete the DLL first or the Installer won't work. And if you go back you get no support. so make sure you update to a current version before you return here. I need information from users with problems to move forward. None of these problems are generally reproducible, neither for me or my colleagues.

Pete