The simFlight Network Forums

Recent FSUIPC v4.962 not displaying VAS

3 minutes ago, edpatino said:

With the newly released FSUIPC v4.962 the Offset 024C and S32 type, used to display the VAS remaining is no longer working. Do we need to use now different settings?.

No. It hasn't been changed at all. and the offset monitoring facility works fine here. Where are you trying to display it? Is there no display, or an incorrect one? Check that you haven't turned the OOMcheck off in the INI file.

Pete

27 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

No. It hasn't been changed at all. and the offset monitoring facility works fine here. Where are you trying to display it? Is there no display, or an incorrect one? Check that you haven't turned the OOMcheck off in the INI file.

Pete

Hi Pete:

There is no display at all. OOMcheck is set to YES. Please know that I have two computers with P3D installed and in both there are no displays of VAS remaining anymore, after updating to v4.962 on both machines.

Thanks, Ed

38 minutes ago, edpatino said:

There is no display at all. OOMcheck is set to YES. Please know that I have two computers with P3D installed and in both there are no displays of VAS remaining anymore, after updating to v4.962 on both machines.

So nothing in title bar and nothing if you select "FS display" in the Monitor options? I assume you have checked the setting for Minot on the Logging options tab?

Let me see the [Monitor] section of your INI file.

Does the Monitor not monitor anything at all, any old offset?   Also try sstting "normal log" option to see if it logs to the fSUIPC4.LOG file.

This is not making any sense. There's certainly no change in the Monitor facilities, which is what you are using. Even if the VAS measure was turned off it would still show something -- zero in fact.

Pete

Nothing shown in the title bar. My settings are as follows:

31971510393_8cb833521a_z.jpg

Here's my INI file (complete), of one of my two machines (gaming laptop):

[General]
UpdatedByVersion=4962
History=RFITRU80IGMUC81VRD7SX
InitDelayDevicesToo=No
Annotate=Yes
NewInterceptTextMenu=No
UseSystemTime=No
UseMidMouseBtn=Yes
MouseWheelMove=No
MouseWheelTrim=No
MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1
JoystickTimeout=20
PollGFTQ6=Yes
BlankDisplays=No
FixControlAccel=No
FixMachSpeedBug=No
NewDeleteVehiclesForAES=No
AutoScanDevices=Yes
AssignJoystickIDs=Yes
VisibilityOptions=No
OneCloudLayer=No
CloudTurbulence=No
CloudIcing=No
GenerateCirrus=No
SuppressCloudTurbulence=No
MaxIce=-4
MinIce=-4
UpperWindGusts=No
SuppressWindTurbulence=No
SuppressWindVariance=No
WindTurbulence=No
TurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0
TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40
SuppressAllGusts=No
MaxSurfaceWind=0
WindLimitLevel=200
WindDiscardLevel=400
WindAjustAltitude=No
WindAjustAltitudeBy=2000
SmoothBySimTime=No
WindSmoothing=No
WindSmoothness=2
WindSmoothAirborneOnly=Yes
PressureSmoothness=0
TemperatureSmoothness=0
DisconnTrimForAP=No
ZeroElevForAPAlt=No
ThrottleSyncAll=No
WhiteMessages=No
ShowPMcontrols=No
SpoilerIncrement=512
MagicBattery=No
RudderSpikeRemoval=No
ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No
AileronSpikeRemoval=No
ReversedElevatorTrim=No
ClockSync=No
ClockSyncMins=5
ClearWeatherDynamics=No
OwnWeatherChanges=No
TimeForSelect=4
LoadFlightMenu=No
LoadPlanMenu=No
PauseAfterCrash=No
BrakeReleaseThreshold=75
SaveDataWithFlights=No
ZapSound=firework
ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring
UseProfiles=Yes
EnableMouseLook=No
DelayedMouseLookZoom=No
AxesWrongRange=No
TCASid=Flight
TCASrange=40
AxisCalibration=No
DirectAxesToCalibs=No
ShowMultilineWindow=Yes
SuppressSingleline=No
SuppressMultilineFS=No
AxisIntercepts=No
DontResetAxes=No
InitDelay=0
GetNearestAirports=Yes
LogOptionProtect=Yes
OOMcheck=Yes
OOMcheckInterval=10
TimeForLuaClosing=1
WeatherReadFactor=2
WeatherRewriteSeconds=1
CustomWeatherModify=No
SimConnectStallTime=7
InitialStallTime=10
NormalStallTime=1
LuaRerunDelay=66
Console=No
LogReads=Yes
PatchSIM1friction=Yes
WideLuaGlobals=Yes
ThreadAffinityMask=x0
LuaAffinityMask=x0
FSVersionUsed="Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v3",3.4.18.19475
SimConnectUsed=3.4.0.0

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=T.16000M
0.GUID={412FA4D0-D738-11E5-8001-444553540000}
1=Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)
1.GUID={AE4AC120-B573-11E6-8001-444553540000}

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10

[LuaFiles]
1=Aerosoft_F14AB
2=UC
3=VASWarnings

[Buttons]
PollInterval=25
ButtonRepeat=20,10

[AutoSave]
Next=1
Interval=60
Files=10
SaveOnGround=No
AutoSaveEnabled=No

[GPSout]
GPSoutEnabled=No
Port=COM10
Speed=4800
Interval=2000
PosTo6Decimal=No
SimModeIndicator=No
Sentences=

[GPSout2]
GPSoutEnabled=No
Port=<none set>
Speed=4800
Interval=2000
PosTo6Decimal=No
SimModeIndicator=No
Sentences=

[WideServer]
WideFSenabled=Yes
AdvertiseService=1
Port=8002
Port2=9002

[Sounds]
Path=D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Sound\
Device1=Primary Sound Driver
Device2=Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

[Monitor]
Monitor0=0,024C,4,0
Display=2

[Traffic Limiter]
TrafficLimit=0
AirportPreference=50
GroundPreference=50
NearerPreference=50

[Auto]
1=Lua VASWarnings

[Window.LUA display]
Docked=7637, 303, 2133, 758

35 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Does the Monitor not monitor anything at all, any old offset?   Also try sstting "normal log" option to see if it logs to the fSUIPC4.LOG file.

Could you pls indicate where exactly this option should be placed? INI file?, where?.

I have not made any changes myself to that INI file, except the addition of a LUA script to obtain warning messages about VAS being under 500 MB (WASWarnings). This LUA script was working Ok all the time, and I have not tested it yet with FSUIPC v4.962, but it worked Ok -with the previous display of VAS remaining- and previuos FSUIPC versions.

Hopefully you could find the culprit. This VAS utility is quite good and I'm accostumed to use it.

Thanks again, Ed

44 minutes ago, edpatino said:

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Could you pls indicate where exactly this option should be placed? INI file?, where?.

Er, it's there, shown on the very picture you just posted, to the left of "FS Window" which you ticked, it is (obscurely?) named "normal log file" as I surely said?

Try also ticking the "title bar" option, and see if it appears in the title bar. You'd need to switch to Windowed mode, of course.

46 minutes ago, edpatino said:

This VAS utility is quite good and I'm accostumed to use it.

It isn't a "VAS utilty". You'd find the VAS monitor lua plug-in, supplied in the FSUIPC Documents folder, in the Example Lua plug-ins ZIP, much more informative and meaningful. being in megabytes, and also showing frame rate and maximum free VAS block.

Pete

9 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Er, it's there, shown on the very picture you just posted, to the left of "FS Window" which you ticked, it is (obscurely?) named "normal log file" as I surely said?

Ok, changed my glasses and now found it right away. Thanks!.

Regarding the VAS display, don't really like to populate everything with lots of numbers like FPS and VAS block, etc. For me, the simplest way it's just fine!.

Ok, now the good news!!!: Fired up P3D again on both machines and noticed that now the VAS display takes about half a minute to show (just using the settings on the picture I've sent, and it happens for both PCs). Before the v4.962 the display came in immediately, I can assure you. Probably, I was already accostumed to its inmediate-display behavior and did not wait enough for it to show. Now, this delay is not bothering me too much, but it has to do with something that had surely changed in the latest version, IMO.

Thanks again, Ed

34 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Ok, now the good news!!!: Fired up P3D again on both machines and noticed that now the VAS display takes about half a minute to show (just using the settings on the picture I've sent, and it happens for both PCs). Before the v4.962 the display came in immediately, I can assure you.

The Monitor won't start operating until FSUIPC is sure it is safe to "start everything".  There's a delay incorporated, as mentioned in the Changes document in the ZIP (please take a look). The delay is 20 seconds from the signal from P3D that is is not longer displaying its progress window, but in my experience it signals this long before, usually at the 80% or so mark.

If FSUIPC starts too early it can suffer SimConnect timeouts, waiting for data which is held up because things are still loading. That makes things much worse because it closes SimConnect and starts it over again.

20 seconds might be erring on the long side, so i may reduce it a bit. 10 seconds it definitely too short. I'll see how things turn out.  I'd rather stay on the safe side, and after all a few seconds at the srtart of a session isn't really that long.

39 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Now, this delay is not bothering me too much, but it has to do with something that had surely changed in the latest version, IMO.

Yes, PLEASE always read the changes document supplied with every update. That's what it is for.

Pete

Hi,

I had the same problem. Since v4.962 with P3D 3.4 HF3 the VAS offset shows only 0. Also the maximun largest free block shows 0. Only the memory consumed by FSUIPC is shown correctly. I have set the OOMCheck to Quiet. I tried to monitor it in the FS title bar and on a WideFS client with a small LUA script, which I use since many months without change, Both variants always show 0. I tried to switch to Yes - and BINGO! Obviously the option "Quiet" makes a problem. Maybe it is also already in 4.61 as I copied the old DLL from a backup and experienced the same already with that version. But as I never did a flight with that version, I had not detected it until today.

Rgds
Reinhard

1 hour ago, aua668 said:

I had the same problem. Since v4.962 with P3D 3.4 HF3 the VAS offset shows only 0. Also the maximun largest free block shows 0. Only the memory consumed by FSUIPC is shown correctly. I have set the OOMCheck to Quiet. I tried to monitor it in the FS title bar and on a WideFS client with a small LUA script, which I use since many months without change, Both variants always show 0. I tried to switch to Yes - and BINGO! Obviously the option "Quiet" makes a problem.

Strange. I'll double check that. Thanks.

But that's not the same as the one this thread is bout, which is only a delay till it is enabled. I'll shorten that in the next update.

Pete