The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc 4.963f broken

I've moved your support question to the Support Forum so it can be answered. Please ALWAYS post support questions to the Support Forum! You are lucky I saw it!

19 minutes ago, granby said:

I just installed 4.963f and I cannot assign buttons. Saitek X52 Pro.

So, where's the FSUIPC4.LOG file? I ALWAYS need to see the Log for support questions. And in this case, also your INI file.

20 minutes ago, granby said:

Can I have a link to 4.963e that worked.

No. 4.963e hangs 100% on Windows 10. The ONLY change from e to f was that fix.  One parameter in one line.

I need you to reinstalled 4.963f and get the log please. There's no way it can move forward without folks being helpful and responsible with bug reports.

Pete

12 minutes ago, granby said:

I have NO File called  FSUIPC4.LOG in my p3d modules folder

In that case FSUIPC4 has never actually run at all, which would explain why it couldn't see your Saitek. Even if your latest sessions didn't run FSUIPC, there would still have been a Log from an older session with FSUIPC.

You are not deleting files at all, are you? Please don't!

Try just re-running the FSUIPC installer first, and check that it works, that there is an FSUIPC entry in the Add-Ons menu.

Then try putting 4.963f back into the Modules folder and trying again.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your prompt reply

I can confirm, I have done a new clean regstered  install of FSUIPC

FSUIPC shows in the Add-ons menu.

I still do not have FSUIPC4.LOG in my modules folder.

with stock 4.963  GSX can be activated using a programmed entry ie a Satek X52 PRO button entry in buttons and controls.

Again tried 4.963f, cannot activate GSX or programme anything with the joystick, It just locks me out.

Happy to go with 4.963 at the moment, IT ALL WORKS not 4.963f

Thanks for excellent software keep up the good work

12 minutes ago, granby said:

FSUIPC shows in the Add-ons menu.

I still do not have FSUIPC4.LOG in my modules folder.

I'm sorry, but that is simply not possible. The very first thing FSUIPC does when it starts is create a LOG file.

You are either looking in the wrong place, or you have Windows hiding file types from you. The LOG is an ordinary text file.

Tell me, what files DO tyou see in the Modules folder?

13 minutes ago, granby said:

with stock 4.963  GSX can be activated using a programmed entry ie a Satek X52 PRO button entry in button Again tried 4.963f, cannot activate GSX or programme anything with the joystick, It just locks me out.

I know all this! You've now repeated yourself 3 times. Sorry, but I need to move forward!

14 minutes ago, granby said:

Happy to go with 4.963 at the moment, IT ALL WORKS not 4.963f

That doesn't help me fix the problem and move forward though! Please try again.

Pete

9 minutes ago, granby said:

Would it be possible to email you my modules folder contents just the fsuipc bits

No, it isn't worth it. Just writte down what files you see there starting with "FSUIPC". That will do. I'm SURE you have a log and for some reason cannot see it. It is produced at the same time as the INI file. 

Pete

41 minutes ago, granby said:

fsuipc text document

fsuipc key

nothing marked.log

That FSUIPC text documents IS FSUIPC4.LOG!!!! I said earlier, Windows is classifying it as a text file, because it is made of text. You have Windows options set wrong. You've evidently never read the FSUIPC4 User Guide where it clearly tells you, very near the beginning, tto change this option. I think it actually tells you how to do it too!

I've deleted the posts with your files. The KEY file is your private registration and you willv lose it if you publish it like that! NEVER upload files without them being requested.

Pete

OK Peter,

You have got the files now.4.963f is broken here.

All ok about requesting files  (anything with FSUIPC) YOU asked for them so I sent them.

Never mind just an error on my behalf.

I would be interested if you can find the problem.

Sorry to take up your time

Andy

2 hours ago, granby said:

I would be interested if you can find the problem.

It's found. It's actually similar to the others -- different symptom, that's all. i'm having to remove the new Joystick Scanning altogether. Shame, it would have been nice. But there are obviously still flaws in Win10 which I can't find a way around.

I'll be releasing 4.964, maybe late tomorrow, with the previous joystick scanning and a couple of other fixes.

Pete

I'm still with FSUIPC v4.962 and not willing of having CTDs anymore. I suggest keeping FSUIPC as stable as possible, in these times where it's difficult to keep up with all the updates that are coming up almost daily, apart from the hotfixes of P3Dv3.4.

Cheers, Ed

6 hours ago, edpatino said:

I'm still with FSUIPC v4.962 and not willing of having CTDs anymore. I suggest keeping FSUIPC as stable as possible

4.963 was not prone to CTDs either. You are in a thread talking about an interim test release, which you should ignore in any case if you are involved and not interested in trying what it offered.

The  modification in this interim version which had problems was fully tested and working perfectly on Windows 7. It was a bug in Windows 10. If you are saying freeze FSUIPC and not accede to any more requests from anyone, then I'm sorry, it isn't in my nature. If I did that I'd also not be able to correct any bugs folks find, like the Throttle Sync one found by Bob Scott which has been there since it was first added as a facility.

By all means stay with whatever version suits you, but then just don't ask for support. I won't be offended, honest.

I suppose you also refuse updates to FS/P3D, Windows and other programs you use in order to stay exactly with what you've got? Do you also never add anything new -- aircraft, sceneries, the like? They are all a big risk to your preserved stability. Just peruse the AVSIM forums.

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

4.963 was not prone to CTDs either. You are in a thread talking about an interim test release, which you should ignore in any case if you are involved and not interested in trying what it offered.

The  modification in this interim version which had problems was fully tested and working perfectly on Windows 7. It was a bug in Windows 10. If you are saying freeze FSUIPC and not accede to any more requests from anyone, then I'm sorry, it isn't in my nature. If I did that I'd also not be able to correct any bugs folks find, like the Throttle Sync one found by Bob Scott which has been there since it was first added as a facility.

By all means stay with whatever version suits you, but then just don't ask for support. I won't be offended, honest.

I suppose you also refuse updates to FS/P3D, Windows and other programs you use in order to stay exactly with what you've got? Do you also never add anything new -- aircraft, sceneries, the like? They are all a big risk to your preserved stability. Just peruse the AVSIM forums.

Pete

No, regretfully you're not getting my point. I do like the updates, in fact I love them, but prefer those which don't cause crashes of the sim, that's all. If you look at the different forums about people complaining about sim CTDs (FSDT, Avsim, ChasePlane, to mention only a few) that they thought were caused by other applications and that at the end were caused by the single FSUIPC module, you'll see my point, and this is just an opinion from a customer, right?. On Avsim I even helped at least two people that were having CTDs because of their installed versions of FSUIPC, and had no clue at all about what was happening, and at the end they went back to a previous FSUIPC version and no more CTDs.

If you don't mind, I would still suggest to separate the places where people could download the latest and stable version of FSUIPC, from the places where people can find the trial versions, and do just that: Test. If you already have separated places for that, please confirm if it's at Schiratti.Com (latest version there is from Jan. 26th.). Thanks.

Ed

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

I do like the updates, in fact I love them, but prefer those which don't cause crashes of the sim, that's all.

Of course. You don't think CTDs are progrsammed in, on purpose, just to annoy people do you? There are so many variiations and possiiblities of systems and combinations of add-ons out there that no one, and I mean NO ONE, can guarantee that any program they supply will be free from problems.

If you look at the different forums about people complaining about sim CTDs (FSDT, Avsim, ChasePlane, to mention only a few) that they thought were caused by other applications and that at the end were caused by the single FSUIPC module,

No, in fact most of those were NOT caused by FSUIPC at all. It is just that  FSUIPC being so universally used is the first to get blame. You evidently fail to get to the end of the stories you read to get the proper solution.  The ones you mentioned turned out to be out of date or corrupted COUATL or BGLMANX addons and were corrected by re-running Virtuali Add-on Manager.

f you don't mind, I would still suggest to separate the places where people could download the latest and stable version of FSUIPC, from the places where people can find the trial versions, and do just that:

That is already the case. The Schiratti forum and the full Install here are the latest tested. The interim updates are listed separately and are just the DLLs with no installer.

I am really cheesed off with folks first blaming FSUIPC then very often not bothering to go back to all the threads they spread this stuff onto to correct the issue. I don't thank you for joining in.

I suggest you do rather more research because you come down on me with such heavy handed and incorrect accusations. Enough.

Pete