The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3DPro Rogue Pilots at KLAX

futureboy

The pilots at KLAX seem to know a better route to the runway than what the tower tells them.  Attached is the required game.log and a couple screen captures.
I do not recall this coming up in other threads.  I am told that if you use voice, that the commands are being followed, but with the Command Panel text and right mouse clicks on the path they are not.  I am beginning to think that Tower!3DPro is only playable to its full potential as a voice only program.

In essence AAL2373 is approved for pushback and to expect runway 25R, then given instructions to take: RUNWAY 25R AT B3 TAXI VIA C C4.
However, the pilot decides to take: AAL2373 => Route is: C9, B, B3,

RickyJ

game.logKLAX_Taxiway_1.thumb.jpg.e6440824c9c00ee8ed53abc25bbccf48.jpgKLAX_Taxiway_2.thumb.jpg.2bc397758f563a8993d035387c94dfd4.jpg

hello just a smal tip: give the taxiway instructions along on the pushback clearance, it saves you time, and thats is also what atc is about. It save you  one instruction and one readback.

And i did  test it to here with the same result as you have with clicking on the taxiways for that exact same instruction,  when i type the command then it works fine. ( i never use click as i can type pretty fast)  so i did not have that before

1 hour ago, viperone said:

hello just a smal tip: give the taxiway instructions along on the pushback clearance, it saves you time, and thats is also what atc is about. It save you  one instruction and one readback.

And i did  test it to here with the same result as you have with clicking on the taxiways for that exact same instruction,  when i type the command then it works fine. ( i never use click as i can type pretty fast)  so i did not have that before

How do give the taxiway instructions along with the pushback? Can you share the syntax and an example? It's not documented. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, crbascott said:

How do give the taxiway instructions along with the pushback? Can you share the syntax and an example? It's not documented. Thanks!

Click the plane, click "pushback approved, expect runway" rick click runway at the taxiway to get "25R at B3" then right click the taxiways to get the path.
Then when the plane is ready, click the plane, the click "Continue Taxi".

KLAX_Taxiway_3.thumb.jpg.bd6ad3805bd18ce0e53f323cb67146c1.jpgIt is only available to command panel users unless you know how and which file to modify.

RickyJ