The simFlight Network Forums

Removing Lua scripts

Hello Pete. I have a question, or more a clarification, regarding Lua scripts in the Modules folder. I currently see 44 '.lua' files there and my FSUIPC4.ini file lists 57. Obviously I have moved some unused files out of the Modules folder but FSUIPC4 still maintains the list with the previously assigned numbers.

In an effort to reduce 'clutter' in the folder and the INI file,  I would like to remove several more unused 'test' and out dated files. If I deleted the current list in the INI file I suspect FSUIPC4 would generate a new list with contiguous numbers BUT, would it also 'correct' the numbering throughout the file, changing the previous 'CLxx' numbers to the new numbers?

I am suspecting that the case for the automatic renumbering all the 'CLxx' entries is 'no' but I just want to clarify that before I start a massive effort to first create a new list, keeping the order of occurrence the same and then doing a massive 'find and replace' series of operations on my 7241 line FSUIPC4.ini file translating the old list numbers to the new list numbers, starting from the lowest number (first entry) to the last.

My plan is to build the 'new list' by hand by removing the unused entries and then renumbering the entries. Then 'find and replace' all instances of the old 'CLxx' entries with the new 'xx' numbers. Does this seem to be a reasonable approach?

Paul

4 hours ago, Gypsy Baron said:

Obviously I have moved some unused files out of the Modules folder but FSUIPC4 still maintains the list with the previously assigned numbers.

Yes, because there may still be assignments to them. better to get an error saying that a specific file is missing if you use the assignments -- you maybe have erased or move the Lua inadvertently.

n an effort to reduce 'clutter' in the folder and the INI file,  I would like to remove several more unused 'test' and out dated files. If I deleted the current list in the INI file I suspect FSUIPC4 would generate a new list with contiguous numbers BUT, would it also 'correct' the numbering throughout the file, changing the previous 'CLxx' numbers to the new numbers?

No, sorry. It isn't that clever.  But just delete the entries you don't want. It won't renumber. If you add more later the gaps will get used -- though added at the end, so the numbers will get out of order in the list. You can sort them if you like, but don't change the numbers.

The same sort of thing applies to the list of WideFS clients and the Macro file list.

Pete

My plan is to build the 'new list' by hand by removing the unused entries and then renumbering the entries. Then 'find and replace' all instances of the old 'CLxx' entries with the new 'xx' numbers. Does this seem to be a reasonable approach?

I see no need for that. There's nothing wrong with having gaps in the numbers. They will get reused when needed.

Pete