The simFlight Network Forums

Was sound level but edited from all capital by Admins

tatfsn

I just purchased Tower 3D Pro along with Service Pack 3 (Real Traffic) from Simmarket.   I've run into a frustrating problem.  When I tried to adjust the environment ,special effects, and voice volume settings, the sliders immediately moved to the minimum setting, and now will not move.   When I try to increase them again they move right back to the bottom.     Ditto for the traffic level setting.   The slider goes back to the minimum, 50%, whenever I try to move it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program multiple times, tried different install paths, run it as an administrator and then tried running it out of administrator mode.     I note that even after a reinstall, and when I restart the program, the sliders in question have now defaulted to the minimum level, and cannot be moved.    As of now, the program is completely unusable for me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      I'm running Windows 10 (64 bit).    I'd greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions.            

Do you have any controllers installed (joysticks, throttles, knobs)?  I have found that they can sometimes have odd unexpected effects like this.  Try changing their position, moving from one end to the other, or setting them in the middle.  Try disconnecting them.  See if any of these things has an effect.

Andrew

You may also want to look into your sound settings.  My microphone was always reducing it's level and i had to go to the Communications setting under Sounds and change the setting to "Do nothing" when Windows detects communication activity.

Also, under the Advanced properties of your speakers and/or microphone you may need to check/uncheck the boxes under Exclusive mode.

Additionally, you may want to verify the level settings of your devices. 

Good Luck!

Craig