The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC5- fsuipc write stop working after axis calibration

Hi Pete, You do awesome work for the whole sim community.

here is what I have I use software to connect my iPad with P3D.

ver 510 and 5101 non registered works great.

after registering still seems good until after I use the axis calibration. Then I have problems with my iPad apps communicating with P3D v4.

these app are stable on previous sim versions but the new 64 bit obviously takes some work.

here is my log file. I Hope this helps. ive read through a couple threads and it seems its hard to get people to tell you what you need to know

FSUIPC5.log

5 hours ago, pcssundahl said:

after registering still seems good until after I use the axis calibration. Then I have problems with my iPad apps communicating with P3D v4.

these app are stable on previous sim versions but the new 64 bit obviously takes some work.

What do these iPads do? What software are they using to talk to FSUIPC? Is there something you install on the P3D PC, an EXE?

The interface for application programs hasn't changed. There's no "64-bit" interface, though if it is a DLL it would have had to be converted to 64-bit to run inside P3D4.

The log shows some access to offsets driving variables in P3D which have already been reported as having problems. I'm already investigating those (see the thread about Linda). But there are none regarding axes, only other switches.

Pete

So the iPads operate a lot of functions with python based server writing to fsuipc (also reads). www.flightsimsystemsllc.com pruducts. 

No nothing gets installed inside P3D. 

The only other thing I can tell you is that it works good non Registered. Also seems to be good until after I do the axis assignment (profile specific). Then writes start throwing errors. 

Missed the other thread about Linda. Just trying give you whatever info that might help. 

Keep up the amazing work. ?

3 minutes ago, pcssundahl said:

Also seems to be good until after I do the axis assignment (profile specific). Then writes start throwing errors. 

That might be a good clue. Thanks.

I'll be dealing mainly with the LINDA author over this (another programmer) as I think that will speed things up, so if you could follow it in that thread it would be useful. Thanks.

Pete