The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 5.102 - Lua scrit problem

Hello,

I installed FSUIPC 5.102 update and my lua script for TFDI 717 stop working properly. No error in log but it seems ipc.sleep is not working so that successive ipc.control commands are sent too quickly? Goback with 5.101 test version and return to normal state.

Skip.

On 6/17/2017 at 7:57 AM, Skipy33 said:

I installed FSUIPC 5.102 update and my lua script for TFDI 717 stop working properly. No error in log but it seems ipc.sleep is not working so that successive ipc.control commands are sent too quickly? Goback with 5.101 test version and return to normal state.

The sleep function simply calls the Windows Sleep API. Can you post your script? Do yo have a log showing the problems?

Pete

4 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

The sleep function simply calls the Windows Sleep API. Can you post your script? Do yo have a log showing the problems?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Certainly stupid to talk about ipc.sleep but I really can't understand why the script is wotking with the 5.101 and not the 5.102. I didn't see any error in the debug window: All lines are executed but some of them have no effect. Here's the simple code I use to switch on systems and start APU on TFDi 717:

--0- Systems
if ipcPARAM == 0 then
 if ipc.readLvar("L:B717_ovhd_elec_batt") == 0 then
  ipc.control(73732) -- Batt
  ipc.control(73777) -- Emer lgt
  ipc.set("ND", 0)
  ipc.control(74652) -- Wheel chokes on
  ipc.set("WC", 1)
 else
  ipc.control(73732) -- Batt
  ipc.control(73778) -- Emer lgt
 end
 ipc.control(66240) -- Emer lgt
--1- APU
elseif ipcPARAM == 1 then
 if ipc.readLvar("L:B717_ovhd_apu_master") == 0 then
  ipc.control(73755) -- start fuel
  ipc.sleep(300)
  ipc.control(73775) -- APU
  ipc.sleep(500)
  ipc.control(73775) -- APU
  ipc.sleep(300)
  ipc.control(73776) -- APU
  ipc.control(73774) -- APU air
 else
  ipc.control(73740) -- APU Gen off
  ipc.control(73774) -- APU air
  ipc.control(73776) -- APU off
 end

I'll make another try this afternoon.

Skip.

Pete, I found it!!!

The answer was at the begining of the FSUIPC5 log, different between 5.101 and 5.102. In the 5.102 I saw : 15 NOTE: configuring for no access to L:Vars!

So I remembered that when we had problems with the first release of PMDG747v3 for P3Dv4, you told us to add some parameters in the FSUIPC.ini file including : NoPanelsAccess=Yes. I set it to "No" and of course my script works again because it has access to Lvars.

I hope this won't affect the PMDG 747...

Best regards, Skip. 

1 hour ago, Skipy33 said:

Pete, I found it!!!

Good. Well done.

1 hour ago, Skipy33 said:

So I remembered that when we had problems with the first release of PMDG747v3 for P3Dv4, you told us to add some parameters in the FSUIPC.ini file including : NoPanelsAccess=Yes.

Ah, that was when we were trying to work out what the problem was -- now we know it was due to PMDG using a 32-bit version of the FSUIPC internal access library to link through FSUIPC to Squawkbox.  I have supplied them with the 64-bit version now, but for the time being, in their first quick fix, they've just stopped that link.

Pete