The simFlight Network Forums

FSX-SE shut down if I run FSUIPC4

I have Windows 10 / FSX-SE / FSUIPC4.968

Until yesterday I had a smooth running system and nearly everything mapped for FSUIPC Version 4.966c.  I needed to assign some additional tasks to some of the axis as well as come buttons on various aircraft's. I carried out some changes and finally wanted to change some FSUIPC mappings in my PDMG 737. That´s when suddenly FSX stopped working and froze on me. I could only shut it down via the Task manager. When restarting the PC,  FSX would not start any more and give the the error message: Flight simulator has detected a problem.................... with FSUIPC4.DLL ( see attached pic)

First I tried to delete the DLL file in modules and FSX started no problem, however nothing worked because I have everything assigned via FSUIPC. So I took the opportunity to update FSUIPC to the latest version 4.968. I deleted everything and reinstalled Version 4.968. When starting FSX it first ask me if I want to run FSUIP to which I answered yes, but than after a few seconds thje same message popped up again:  Flight simulator has detected a problem.................... with FSUIPC4.DLL

When answering no it stars without a problem, but when answering yes to run FSUIP , FSX crashes.

So somehow deleting and reinstalling FSUIPC was not enough. But from here on I have no clue what to do ??

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS: I tried to delete all FSUIPC entries from the trusted section in FSX.cfg to see if it helps, but no same error window !

error_FSUIPC.jpg

Sorry maybe I wasn´t clear enough. The error happened with with the older version 4.966c but when I could not fix it I updated immediately  to the latest ( see attachment) 4.968  but with no effect, same problem.

HERE AGAIN A SHORT SUMMARY:
I run Windows 10 64 / FSX-SE / FSUIPC4.968 registered version / UTX / GEX / Aircrafts; PMDG,A2A,Realair,F1,Majestic
DML.XML  attached

1. FSX froze/crashed while assigning more axis and button functions to FSUIPC 4.966c for various aircrafts. It happened while having the PMDG 737 on screen.
  2. Shutdown of FSX which was only possible via Task Manager.
  3. Restart FSX same error message. If answer to error message is NO FSX runs without a problem. (But none of the FSUIPC funcions work of course)
  4. If answer is YES, FSX does not start and crashes right away.
  5. Moved FSUIPC.DLL to Desktop temporarily to see if it helps.Restart PC. NO change.
  6. Updated FSUIPC to version 4.968.Restart PC
  7. FSX ask me if I want to run this program ( as it always does with new addons). answer :YES
  8. 10 sec. later the error message appeared again now referring to the new version 4.968
  9. Deleted all files FSUIPC files from FSX Modules, started FSX  now without FSUIPC without any problem. restart PC
  10. Reinstalled FSUIPC 4.968 - same error message. Restart PC.
  11. deleted all entries which pointed to FSUIPC from FSX.cfg. Restart PC
  12. Problem persisted, same error message - answer YES crashed FSX - answer NO FSX starts but no FSUIPC.
    thanks

error_FSUIPC.jpg

dll_XML.txt

Edited by alphons10
missing info added

11 hours ago, alphons10 said:
  • FSX froze/crashed while assigning more axis and button functions to FSUIPC 4.966c for various aircrafts. It happened while having the PMDG 737 on screen.
  • Shutdown of FSX which was only possible via Task Manager.

Any hang or freeze which can only be overcome with Task Manager is almost certainly down to a bad or corrupted driver, maybe one for a device you no longer have.

Seeing as it happened whilst dealing with joystick axes, I'd carefully check through your joystick connections and drivers. You can use Windows Device Manager to remove them, including drivers, so on a system re-boot they get re-installed automatically.

Please, in future, supply the FSUIPC4.LOG file, if one is produced. That is always important.  Your FSUIPC4.INI file would also be of use since it would show detected devices and assignments so far.

Pete

Thank you very much for getting back to me. Unfortunately the above advise did not work. I removed (unplugged) both throttle and joystick as well as deleting drivers to see if FSX would at least start and accept FSUIPC. ( Just as a side note I am only using generic drivers, don´t like the Saitek ones, having everything assigned to FSUIPC this worked like a charm)

However FSX would not load and gave me the same erro message FS has detected.......a problem with: FSUIPC4.968 as in pic above.

Don´t know what else to try especially as everything functioned normally for a year now. I have not added any addons or hardware, same stick, same throttle.

Here is a more detailed run down how FSX froze. I added some buttons and re calibrated some axis on 3 or for aircraft's. I did not restart FSX between changing every aircraft just " Select aircraft" to load it and do my mapping in FSUIPC. So far everything worked fine. Last I selected my PMDG 737. It loaded however did not show any instruments, they were all black. However FSUIPC opened without a problem and I wanted to check if my axis are working correctly. Ailerons and elevators showed OK and I decided to better restart FSX and relaod PMDG to have the instruments working. I could close the FSUIPC screen but when trying to shut down FSX it suddenly went dead. and did not recover within at least 5 min. only alternative was Task manager which did the trick.

And from there onward the error occurred - the rest as explained in my previous 2 messages.

If it´s any help, I have a backup of my ini file before updating to 4.968  which I attach. this is the last working version.

Thank you in advance for your help

Al

FSUIPC4.ini

Edited by alphons10
grammer corrected

10 minutes ago, alphons10 said:

However FSX would not load and gave me the same erro message FS has detected.......a problem with: FSUIPC4.968 as in pic above.

That messsage almost always means that there was a crash in closing FSX the previous time.  We need the crash details from Windows -- you can find those in the Windows Event Viewer, Application logs.

12 minutes ago, alphons10 said:

Last I selected my PMDG 737. It loaded however did not show any instruments, they were all black. However FSUIPC opened without a problem and I wanted to check if my axis are working correctly. Ailerons and elevators showed OK and I decided to better restart FSX and relaod PMDG to have the instruments working. I could close the FSUIPC screen but when trying to shut down FSX it suddenly went dead. and did not recover within at least 5 min. only alternative was Task manager which did the trick.

And where is the FSUIPC4.LOG file from this -- that is the most important thing to see as it might show why? Are any logs produced on the subsequent load attempts?

Also, is the PMDG 737 up to date?  I remember there were similar problems years ago with one of the PMDG modules, depending on the loading order in FSX. Try uninstalling the PMDG aircraft, testing, then re-installing it. It may have been corrupted.

16 minutes ago, alphons10 said:

If it´s any help, I have a backup of my ini file before updating to 4.968  which I attach. this is the last working version.

What about the INI file now? If you got as far as FSUIPC "opened without a problem" there will certainly be a new INI file, and that is more important than an old one which has become irrelevant.

Both LOG and INI files are important, please.

Your "old working (?) INI file" shows 2 devices connected -- a T.16000M and a Saitek X-55 Throttle (no X-55 stick part?). This are devices 0 and 1 assigned as A and B respectively.

However, you have many assignments to a device "3", which wasn't connected.  If these were for a device no longer in use, or one of the current devices with a wrong ID from before you started using Joy Letters, they should be removed. Theywill be causing FSUIPC to scan a device which may not be connected and may have a driver which doesn't respond well to that.

Pete

Again thank you for your help. I can report partial success.

1. Attached the new ini file

2. I followed your suggestion to look on the PMDG side of things. I updated the 737NG to latest version via the automatic .updater.
3. I then started FSX without any Joystick or throttle connected, got the same error message, however I answered YES ( to use FSUIPC) anyway, and this time a new window opened asking me if I want to run FSUIPC. Long story short, FSX started normally, I loaded the 737 copied my FSUIPC ini file from the old version into modules in order to have all the assignments. and voila - it worked perfectly. I took off climbed to 10.000ft. and put her on autopilot for a couple of minutes to see that everything checked out. So far so good. Now to the NOT SO GOOD:  Went and clicked "end flight" and now got the message:  "FSX stopped working" - "Microsoft will end the program" . I ran FSX with a couple of other addon aircrafts and they work fine and I can end flight and program without any trouble. It is only and every time when I fly the PMDG 737NGX and try to end the flight or exit FSX - that FSX stops working.
The good news is - Now it´s not your problem anymore - I mention it only in case anybody has a similar case. If you are interested I attach the event viewer Application Log which shows the app crash.

4. Now will have to start searching on the PMDG forum how to proceed to get rid of this nuisance.

5. A last question, To remove the 3rd device which was probably another Joystick or maybe the same before I used Joyletters, I guess all I have to do is just delete those entries from the ini file ??

Thanks for you help

FSUIPC4.ini

WinEvent_AppLog.txt

19 minutes ago, alphons10 said:

Went and clicked "end flight" and now got the message:  "FSX stopped working" - "Microsoft will end the program"

It's that sort of crash at the end which sometimes misleads Windows into identifying FSUIPC as the culprit, and so come up with the error next time. This is often because the last threads of FSX running tend to be FSUIPC, whilst it is waiting for plug-ins and WideFS clients to be notified.

However, the crash data does not identify FSUIPC at all this time, but part of the PMDG product:

PMDG_737NGX.dll

So, as you say, you need to visit their Forum. You maybe need to send them this crash log and see if they have a solution. It still may be that your PMDG aircraft is out of date, that a fix has been released.

BTW you STILL have not supplied an FSUIPC4.LOG file, which is always the MOST IMPORTANT one. Your INI file is rarely needed.

30 minutes ago, alphons10 said:

To remove the 3rd device which was probably another Joystick or maybe the same before I used Joyletters, I guess all I have to do is just delete those entries from the ini file ??

Yes, either delete all those entries, or reconnect the device so that it is given a Letter by FSUIPC next time.

Pete

Excuse my ignorance. There are 2 reasons I did not supply the LOG file.

1. I assume you mean the log file in Modules, where there are two. FSUIPC.log and FSUIPC4install.log  ??

2. If I am not mistaken, the only log file which would help would be the one created when the crash happened. (while FSX was running and I was using FSUIPC with the PMDG 737). If this is so, I am afraid I would not know where to find it. The crash happened when I was using Version 4.966c. And this was the last time I could start FSX with FSUIPC. However the first thing I did was to delete 4.966c and download and install 4.968 thinking that this might help and cure the error. ( See the first 2 error messages, one mentions the old version the other one the new version. So the log file with the crash info was in the old version which was deleted. The new Version never crashed - either it did not get loaded at all because FSX only started without FSUIPC or if I tried to include FSUIPC in the FSX startup procedure it crashed right away. So what I have now is the is the log file from the new version which has never crashed. It is attached but I doubt if it will be helpful. Thanks.  

FSUIPC4.log

FSUIPC4 Install.log

21 minutes ago, alphons10 said:

I assume you mean the log file in Modules, where there are two. FSUIPC.log and FSUIPC4install.log  ??

Only one FSUIPC5.LOG file, which I identified by name.That's the run-time log, and if there's a crash, where it finishes is informative.

The Install log is a record of what transpired during Installation (hence the name!) and not relevant once it is installed correctly.

24 minutes ago, alphons10 said:

If I am not mistaken, the only log file which would help would be the one created when the crash happened. (while FSX was running and I was using FSUIPC with the PMDG 737). If this is so, I am afraid I would not know where to find it.

It would have been in the MODULES folder, where all FSUIPC files are. You just said yourself that's where is is!

25 minutes ago, alphons10 said:

The new Version never crashed - either it did not get loaded at all because FSX only started without FSUIPC or if I tried to include FSUIPC in the FSX startup procedure it crashed right away.

Yes, but I said "if a log is produced" if you look back! And if one isn't then whatever log was there would have shown how the previous session ended, which would have been very relevant.

Do NOT delete FSUIPC files. There is never any need.

27 minutes ago, alphons10 said:

what I have now is the is the log file from the new version which has never crashed. It is attached but I doubt if it will be helpful.

You said FSX crashed when you closed it. If you refer back, that was when you provided the Windows crash data and another copy of the INI, but not LOG again.

The FSUIPC4.LOG file is ALWAYS important, on ANY support request for FSUIPC4 in this Foum. It has a lot of essential information and saves a lot of time and multiple subsequent questions trying to find things out. That is why it is produced!

Pete