The simFlight Network Forums

FS9, Fuel Tank Selector on the Baron with Cirrus2

Hi Pete,

I am using the Cirrus2 and Digital Avionics in FS9 now and I'm mostly flying the Baron. Back in FS2002 I found out that I was able to make the fuel tank selectors on screen behave as they should in relation to the fuel switch on the Cirrus2 by changing the parameter number_of_fueltank_selectors=2 in the aircraft.cfg to read number_of_fueltank_selectors=1 instead.

Unfortunately this does not work anymore in FS9. The switch on the Cirrus2 operates only the left tank selector in the engine control panel no matter what I set in the aircraft.cfg.

I tried some other controls (crossfeed) via FSUIPC's button assignment but no luck.

Do you see any chance to correct this in a future version of the PFC driver or should I just erase the engine control unit entry from my panel.cfg ? :lol:

Regards

Frank

Do you see any chance to correct this in a future version of the PFC driver or should I just erase the engine control unit entry from my panel.cfg ? :lol:

I assume you want the fuel switch to operate both selectors together? They should actually do that already, in fact I never knew it didn't work in FS2002. The PFC driver merely uses FSUIPC for this, and operates the fuel selectors via the offset which is supposed to be applied to all selectors.

However, there are offsets which I can use for up to 4 separate selectors on 4 separate engines, so it will be easy enough to fix in PFC.DLL.

Please look out for a new version by or over the weekend. I'm planning to release new versions of PFC, FSUIPC and WideFS, probably Friday.

Regards,

Pete

Hi again Frank,

I've played around writing the the separate selector offsets on the Baron, and I'm not really sure how I should interpret the Cirrus selector switch. Does the following seem useful?

Off -> both off (0)

Left -> Engine 1 normal, Engine 2 crossfed from left

Right -> Engine 2 normal, Engine 1 crossfed from right

Both -> both on normal (selector straight up)

I'll implement it this way unless you have a better idea?

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

I assume you want the fuel switch to operate both selectors together?

right, that's what I mean.

They should actually do that already, in fact I never knew it didn't work in FS2002. The PFC driver merely uses FSUIPC for this, and operates the fuel selectors via the offset which is supposed to be applied to all selectors.

No - the switch on the Cirrus2 only operated the left selector in FS2002. Only when I changed the number of fuel selectors from two to one in the aircraft.cfg (wich is actually incorrect) I could fool FS2002 so the behavior of the selectors looked OK on screen.

We had an email exchange about this shortly after I purchased my PFC equipment (1 1/2 years ago). I had told you my workaround and you gave me the great honour to mention it in the docfile of PFC.dll :) .

However, there are offsets which I can use for up to 4 separate selectors on 4 separate engines, so it will be easy enough to fix in PFC.DLL.

Please look out for a new version by or over the weekend. I'm planning to release new versions of PFC, FSUIPC and WideFS, probably Friday.

That's very good news :D

Thank you very much and all the best to you

Frank

Hi Pete,

Does the following seem useful?

Off -> both off (0)

Left -> Engine 1 normal, Engine 2 crossfed from left

Right -> Engine 2 normal, Engine 1 crossfed from right

Both -> both on normal (selector straight up)

I'll implement it this way unless you have a better idea?

this is what PFC.DLL User Guide.doc says about it.

With the default aircraft setup the console switch can only operate the left fuel selector switch. However, if you edit the AIRCRAFT.CFG file and change:

number_of_tank_selectors=2

To read ‘1’ instead, the fuel selectors become responsive and consistent, providing these settings for the Cirrus II selector switch:

Off :Both switches ‘off’

Left :Left to ‘on’, right to ‘crossfeed’, so both tanks feed the left engine

Both :Both switches ‘on’

Right :Left to ‘crossfeed’, right to ‘on’, so both tanks feed the right engine

Implementing it this way would be most useful I think. You probably ment the same didn't you?

Regards

Frank

Implementing it this way would be most useful I think. You probably ment the same didn't you?

Yes. I should refer to my own documentation, shouldn't I! :oops: :)

Check your Email. I'm sending PFC 1.65 for you to try. No updated documentation yet though. Be aware, by default the driver now restarts itself (using the restart facility I mentioned for 1.63) early on after loading so that all the switches synchronise in FS. If this is inconvenient at all you can disable it -- more about this in the documentation update which I'll do by Friday.

Regards,

Pete

Hey that's almost like chatting here 8) .

Yes. I should refer to my own documentation, shouldn't I! :oops: :)

Never mind, nobody is perfect :wink:

Check your Email. I'm sending PFC 1.65 for you to try.

Just arrived. Thanks a lot I'll give it a try.

Regards

Frank